Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mSton
Paper Tape
Views: 1,384
Message 51 of 105

Re: Yoga 900 - Sleep mode issue

Hi Amy,

I bought Yoga 900-13ISk (model 80MK) from Microsoft Store 5 days ago and I am seeing the same problem of the laptop not able to wake up after being put to Sleep. I have tried the Bluetooth workaround, tried all the Power Options and also Updated all the drivers from Device Manager. Still the problem persists. 

Is there a chance of more permanent solutions coming up in next few days? 

Thanks,

MSton

spareflair
What's DOS?
Views: 1,315
Message 52 of 105

Hi Amy,

I am having a similar issue--my Yoga 900 (model 80MK) that I purchased in January 2016 will not wake up or power on.  When I plug in the power charger, a white light appears next to the power button and disappears when I remove the power charger.  I cannot get the computer to turn on at all, so I can't install any drivers or anything.  I attempted to 1. press the power button on 10 times in 1 second intervals and I held the power button for 30 seconds and nothing happened, and 2. pressed the power button for 30 seconds--again, nothing happened.  I am at a loss for what to do next. Please help!

tjvtyler
What's DOS?
Views: 1,283
Message 53 of 105

Not that Lenovo is watching but I am at my wits end with this computer. This is ridiculous.

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules.

mSton
Paper Tape
Views: 1,281
Message 54 of 105

Spareflair,

I got my laptop replaced at Microsoft Store and this new one doesn't seem to have the same issue.

Thanks,
mSton
ajsedlacek
Paper Tape
Views: 1,268
Message 55 of 105

I would suggest calling tech support. After having you go through uninstalling and reinstalling all the drivers and that not working they will suggest you send in/take to a Lenovo repair center or depending on the return policy of where you purchased exchage for a new one. 

kaplanjul
Paper Tape
Views: 1,232
Message 56 of 105

I have the exact same issue when I shut my lid and then go back and try to wake the computer back up - - - nothing happens.  I must hard reboot each time and I've only had the computer for a few weeks!  The power light is on and the battery is fully charged.  I've already played with sleep settings and tried the other suggestions to no avail.  This is clearly a known bug, so when is Lenovo going to issue a fix?  I can't believe this has been a complaint for so long - I see posts for other laptop versions going way back before 2014.  I would like an eta on when an actual fix is going to be made available or pushed out.  Oh, and asking end-users to reinstall  software is not a reasonable workaround. 

Former Employee
Views: 1,064
Message 57 of 105

Lenovo determined that a change was made to the default power settings on the Yoga 900 that differ from the Yoga 3 Pro and previous Lenovo laptops. This change was to make S4 sleep or Hibernation the default after 180 minutes of being in S3 sleep. As a result the laptop would then need to be powered on after 3 hours, rather than woken up as expected by input from the keyboard or touchpad from S3 sleep.

I am looking for customer feedback on whether the S4 Hibernate 180 minute default is active for customers experiencing this problem, and if the failure to resume from sleep happens with all hibernate options turned off.

Thank you,

kaplanjul
Paper Tape
Views: 1,060
Message 58 of 105

Hi Amy,

That makes sense.  Unfortunately, it has happened after less than 3 hours for me.

Thanks,

Julie

melazor
Paper Tape
Views: 960
Message 59 of 105

How do I get the laptop out of the Sleep mode? What key/ button combination do I press? Please reply.
melazor
Paper Tape
Views: 952
Message 60 of 105

I have this issues happening to my lenovo yago 900. My setting are
turn on display (battery ) 5 min (plug in) 10 min
put the compuoter to sleep (battery) 15 min ( plugged in ) 30 min.

In advanced power setting
Hibernate after (battery) 180 min and (plugged in) 180 min is set.

Please let me know what I should change them to? This issue sucks

I have tried changing the Hard drive turn off to a greater value than the sleep. to see if this helps.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors