Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melazor
Paper Tape
Views: 1,486
Message 61 of 105

Re: Yoga 900 - Sleep mode issue

I figured it out.  I just needed to press and hold the power and volume button for 10 seconds.

beniamin_l
Paper Tape
Views: 1,409
Message 62 of 105

Hi there,

I do also have a 900 (80MK), but since 2 months or so I do have a random but constant issue resuming sleep mode.

I do get a blue screen after waiting 2-3 minutes, indicating DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, debugging seems to come from NTOSKRNL.EXE.

Any idea how to solve it? I have tried drivers reinstall, but no luck so far.

Would appreciate any support.

Former Employee
Views: 1,337
Message 63 of 105

During testing, the engineers found that upgrading to BIOS v37 resolved the problem.

I'd like to find out if there is anyone running BIOS v37 that is still experiencing the failure to resume from sleep failure. This BIOS can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-900-13isk/downloads/D...

Thank you,

tor86
Paper Tape
Views: 1,318
Message 64 of 105

For me the problem is still ocurring. tried it just now. i have a norwegian version of the laptop, running bios C6CN37WW

beniamin_l
Paper Tape
Views: 1,299
Message 65 of 105

Same as before, going to sleep most of the time results in this error.

Resuming the same behaviour.

Should I initiate the repair/replacement-process?

Former Employee
Views: 1,191
Message 66 of 105

Lenovo engineers have performed testing on several Yoga 900 customer systems that display a failure to resume from sleep mode symptom. They have found that it occurs when running BIOS v.35, but cannot be reproduced on v.37. The symptom is seen when the systems are rolled back to BIOS v.35.

Root cause is believed to be related to Intel’s Skylake processor. Lenovo has released a Service TIP that provides more information about this issue. It can be found here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht117215

The latest BIOS version for Yoga 900 laptops can be found here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-900-13isk/downloads/D...

Thank you,

megloff
Paper Tape
Views: 1,150
Message 67 of 105

I installed the latest BIOS (C6CN37WW) and I still experience the same problem that I can not wake up my computer from sleep (Stand By) when it was longer time not used (e.g. more than 2 hours). It usually never happens if I just put the computer to sleep and wake it up within a few minutes.

The symptom looks like this: The computer awakes (CPU fan powers up, keyboard lights up, and display backgroundlight turns on) but there is no graphic displayed, screen stays black.

I can apply the following workaround to get the computer from this state working: I put it again to sleep (by pressing the power button) and wake it up again after it went in standby by pressing the power button again. Usually with this I can wake the computer up from stand by without doing a hard reset. But it looks like that it happens randomly so I had to play this game up to 4 times until the graphics get displayed/activated again.

Is this problem still known?

I am using

- windows 10 64 bit (version 1511 build id 10586.318)

- Intel Graphics Driver Version 20.19.15.4404 (03.03.2016)

- BIOS C6CN37WW

- hibernate has been turned off in the energy settings

BrendaF13
Paper Tape
Views: 1,115
Message 68 of 105

I have had my Yoga 900 for 7 days and just experienced this issue. Now concerned with my purchase. I can return within 14 days. I tried and tried to get it to come on by pressing & the power button. Finally after reading the posts in this site, I held button until the light stopped blinking. Then was cable to turn it on. Lenovo, please tell us what to do to keep this from happening again. 

BrendaF13
Paper Tape
Views: 1,107
Message 69 of 105

I just saw the msg above from Lenovo. I've saved this info on my computer & plan to take it to the geek squad at BB to look at. The person who updated the bios is still having this problem. It doesn't look like exchanging this 900 will fix this problem so I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. Frustrating. My first experience with Lenovo.
wasteram
Paper Tape
Views: 936
Message 70 of 105

For the benefit of others,  my Yoga 900 13ISK went back to Best Buy today becuase of this issue. Installed the v37 bios (twice actually) and wiped/reloaded back to the factory image. I tried all the latest drivers up thru those posted on 7/20/2016, all had no effect.

My experience was the same as what others reported - system would seem to wake up (power light on steady, fan noise, keyboard illuminated) but no display image. Would wake up successfully maybe 20% of the time. No difference in behavior wether put to sleep by closing the lid, choosing sleep from the power menu or pressing the power button.

One thing I did notice was that the embedded controller version did not match the bios version, even after re-flashing the bios. The EC version stayed at v32. Not sure if this is an indication of any problem.

A tech behind the o**bleep**er at BB overheard my description of the problem from a distance and said 'A Yoga 900, right?' so they are obviously all too aware of it.

I'm sure Lenovo will eventually fix this issue, but sorry I can't shell out $1200 and then wait for a solution. Best Buy exchange process was very smooth and hassle free!

JDC

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors