Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rotavonni1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,035
Message 71 of 105

Re: Yoga 900 - Sleep mode issue

Amy (Lenovo),

I am no longer having the issue of the system not recovering from sleep.  However, my computer is having recurring unexpected "restarts" (shutdowns).  I have updated all of the drivers that I can think of from here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-900-13isk/80MK/002JUS...   (interestingly Lenovo Update did not prompt to update most of these drivers that appear on this page)

Spontaneous recurring reboots are very frustrating as I use this for work and travel as an executive extensively to visit customers & partners.  I leave laptop alone for 2-3 hours and it reboots itself!

System info and error log messages blow.  Also included dump file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14453206/071016-6156-01.dmp

Yoga 900-13ISK  80MK

Mfg Date 15/10/24  

Factory ID: JVHFC1

BIOS:  C6CN37WW

Intel HD Graphics 520: Driver 20.19.15.4404

Intel Wireless AC-8260:  Driver 18.12.2.3

Intel Dynamic Platform and Therman Framework Manager:  Driver 8.1.10602.174

Whocrashed Home Edition

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 7/11/2016 12:51:24 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071016-6156-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl+0x67F18)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF800FBA67F18, 0xFFFFD00022AB0B40, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

lenovo error1.JPG

beniamin_l
Paper Tape
Views: 980
Message 72 of 105

Resetting to factory default has solved the issue going to sleep, but still problems when resuming from sleep mode, as described/confirmed in other posts as well.

Is there any solution on-going, or only replacement?

gmasters
Fanfold Paper
Views: 778
Message 73 of 105

The'fix' suggestion (reinstall Win10) was unfortunately like many in tech support- they put all the work and pain on you with a quick and rather lazy comment that has no chance of success other than dumb luck, - how about real tech support like lenovo replicating the problem and then putting out a bios or app fix that actually fixes it?

Bayerus
Paper Tape
Views: 770
Message 74 of 105

I have had my Yoga 900 for 6 months now.  Had the sleep modus issue since Day 1 and the Hinge Cap issue (falling off) since Month 2.  The solutions offered were 'laptop replacement' and 'mail in to get entire hinge replaced', respectively.  There is no option to have a replacement/loaner the same day as you hand your computer in.  I can't do that since I use this laptop 5+ hours a day, 7 days a week for work (self employed).  I was hoping for Lenovo to work out the software issue, at least, for what they call themselves their 'flagship laptop'.  Resolving the hinge issue could be as simple as having a part that measures 1/10 if an inch and likely costs less than 5 cents to make mailed out (48 cents), as another foum member suggested.

But obviously, there is very, very little effort put against making Lenovo users feel good about their product purchase. At least compared to promoting and selling the flawed machines.

I guess Lenovo will only wake up once consumers had enough or their machine defects take on a truly ugly dimension.  Just ask Samsung about their latest flagship product. Very, very sad state of affairs. 

beniamin_l
Paper Tape
Views: 749
Message 75 of 105

Actually I have now no more problems with the resume from sleep mode.
After the actual factory reset and installing only Lenovo own drivers it seems that everything is working now.

BaseS
Paper Tape
Views: 494
Message 76 of 105

Is that your best answer? Reinstall the operating system. What about the driver verification? I don’t know about anyone else but I really don’t feel like reinstalling my operating system on the off chance it will fix the issue. Maybe I should just send it back to Lenovo to find the issue and then they can post a fix for everyone else.    

BaseS
Paper Tape
Message 77 of 105

I have changed all the advance power options to different configurations and it still has the problem.   

BaseS
Paper Tape
Message 78 of 105

It has a one year warranty but I don't like the idea I could get a refurblished one as a replacement. 

BaseS
Paper Tape
Message 79 of 105

Yes, I have changed it to shut down and it doesn't help.  Lenovo needs to find a fix or I say everyone start sending them back.

BaseS
Paper Tape
Message 80 of 105

It didn't work for me.  Power button on sleep mode doesn't for me on either power option.  Tired balance and performance. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors