cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 14,524
Message 1 of 54

Yoga 900 - Touchpad does not scroll sometimes

In Yoga 900 the touchpad does not scroll sometimes even I updated all the drivers or restored the computer. I thought it was just me having this problem but then I read in the reviews on Lenovo web site that some users was complaining quote "trackpad isn't reliable as it doesn't scroll sometimes. Not sure if I am missing something or this is genuinely a problem. in any case, would appreciate Lenovo's attention on this". 

To be more concrete the scrolling with two fingers with the touchpad (trackpad) seems to work well in desktop apps like Chrome, but does not seem to work well in windows metro or windows metro app. For example, going to Windows 10 Button > All apps, scrolling will not work there with two fingers using touchpad. Nor will it work in Windows 10 > Settings > any options. Switching to Chrome it will imediately work smoothly. 

Number of users affected is at least 2 so I decided to bring it up here so it can be resolved.

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

sneumann
Paper Tape
Views: 14,424
Message 2 of 54

Re: Yoga 900 - Touchpad does not scroll sometimes

I have the same problem with the touchpad/trackpad. Chrome, IE, and Edge two finger scroll acceptably.  

Windows (start menu and settings) and metro apps will work after a reboot until you click on something and then scrolling breaks completely (or behaves very erratically in these applications).

I've tried reinstalling the touchpad drivers (trying to uninstall fails for me) and creating the "UseScrollCursor" registry key that some people have reported, but I haven't had any success.

I'm glad I purchased with a 15 day return policy. I will wait a few days to see if a fix comes out, but I can't live with this type of bug.

eddymicro
Paper Tape
Views: 14,404
Message 3 of 54

I have the same Issue.  The touchpad works for 10-15 seconds then hangs for 10 seconds or so. Happens over and over I have the latest of all drivers

Former Employee
Views: 14,401
Message 4 of 54

I am investigating customer reports of touchpads not working as expected on Yoga 900 laptops.

I'd like to know if these laptops are running Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Windows 10, v 19.0.9.12 from 10/10/15.

The driver can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-900-13isk/downloads/D...

Thank you,

Guru
Views: 14,392
Message 5 of 54

My Yoga 900 is running Windows 10 and the Synaptics Driver is 19.0.9.12 dated 28-Jul-15 it says it is the latest driver available. I have reinstalled it just to make sure and it is still says 19.0.9.12 dated 28-Jul-15.

P.S. To find out, I did go to Windows 10 Search Box > Device Manger > Human Interface Device > Synaptics Device (double click).

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

eddymicro
Paper Tape
Views: 14,380
Message 6 of 54

Hello,

I have the latest driver,with this issue of the touchpad not responding. (really really bad) The driver was current but it was updated via windows update.  

I was on a Lenovo support  call and the tech suggested to delete the driver in device manager and then reinstall the download. After I did deleted it, rebooted and installed the current driver it appears to have solved the problem.

sneumann
Paper Tape
Views: 14,372
Message 7 of 54

I also appear to have the latest version installed.

I followed the steps suggested by eddymicro and uninstalled and deleted the driver for both the "Lenovo Pointing Device" and for the "Synaptics HID Device".  I rebooted and reran the linked installer.  

My problem persists.  Bad/no scrolling on Windows start menu and in all Metro apps.

kastew
Paper Tape
Views: 14,349
Message 8 of 54

I am having the same problem.  I'll also be returning mine if the problem persits.

mirubinstein
What's DOS?
Views: 14,333
Message 9 of 54

I'm seeing the same exact issue with the same driver. I've tried updating the BIOS to the latest verison, but this didn't do anything...

sveltegenius
What's DOS?
Views: 14,313
Message 10 of 54

I have this issue as well....I am wondering if this is hardware or software related....and if it is software, will it be resolved soon? I am really trying to like the Yoga, but between this issue and issues with my bluetooth mouse dropping connection, its not looking so good.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors