Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tm88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,430
Message 1 of 8

Yoga 900 USB-C stopped working

I am using the USB-C port on my Yoga 900-13ISK (Windows 10) to connect to an external monitor. Everything worked fine until this morning for some unexplicable reason the USB-C port stopped sending signal.

When I plug in the USB-C adapter (converting to DP) my screen starts and then gives me a message "no signal". I get the same error when trying to connect via another converter to HDMI. Both adapters and cables worked before. I updated my graphics card drivers and of course am extending displays.

Any ideas what might cause this problem and how to fix it? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,406
Message 2 of 8

Re: Yoga 900 USB-C stopped working

I have a parrot and she's jumped on the keyboard, hitting the key that cycles between laptop display, external display and "both." Yeah, that took me a while to figure out why I couldn't get it to work properly. 

The other thing I'd do is try the cable with a different source, such as a PC. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
tm88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,398
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for your reply. I did try the cable with another device and everything works fine. The problem seems to be related to the USB-C output. Either hardware or software related. If anyone has suggestions to address it either way, that would be much appreciated.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,395
Message 4 of 8

At this point, I'd tell you to completely remove the dongle from your system.. driver, software, everything. Like it was never installed. If need be, roll back the computer to before it was installed.  Then reinstall it from scratch. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
jacques78
What's DOS?
Views: 1,386
Message 5 of 8

Hi,

I just got a similar problem 2 days ago.

I dont know if it was a stand alone issue or related to another problem. The situation is that I was using the laptop on battery until it went down. Then when I tried to recharge it at home, it was not even recognizing the charger. No led lights on the laptop, anywhere.

After reading some blogs, I tried to push and hold the power button for 1 minute and then it started to charge and have leds lighting again.

But since then....the external monitor plugged via the USB C is not recognizing the computer. No signal. And the USB C hub is working when powered from another source.

Any ideas of how to solve that?

thanks, 

tm88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,378
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for the tip DoctorDon, I'm unsure how to find the dongle though in the Device Manager - it does not seem to be listed in the list of USB ports. And would the drivers be the graphics one?

I also did a hard reset a day ago, but I'm unsure if it still worked after that or not.

tm88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,368
Message 7 of 8

As an update to this: system restore did not solve the problem either.

tm88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,348
Message 8 of 8

@Doctordon wrote:

At this point, I'd tell you to completely remove the dongle from your system.. driver, software, everything. Like it was never installed. If need be, roll back the computer to before it was installed.  Then reinstall it from scratch. 

If anyone knows where to find the usb-c dongle entry in the Device Manager, that would be hugely helpful. It is not listed under USB controllers (reinstalled and disabled all of those, but they are the regular USBs).

I've tried disabling and reinstalling a bunch of things, including system restore to no avail. I really want to avoid reinstalling windows, if it can at all be avoided.

Capture.JPG

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors