Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmriL
Paper Tape
Views: 467
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 900 USB-C to HDMI not working

I have a Yoga 900 and a Lenovo USB-C to HDMI adapter. It used to work just fine but now I can't connect to the external monitor. This has happened to me several times in the last few weeks - stopped working then went back to working the next day or so. I updated all drivers (I believe) and checked with two different monitors

Would love to get some help on this very frustrating issue.

Thanks

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 427
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 900 USB-C to HDMI not working

Try the simple stuff, first. Some displays are picky when handshaking over HDMI. Vary your connection and power-up sequence. 

For example, when connected to my Vizio display, nothing seems to matter. It always works. When connected to my Sony display, the computer has to be up first, then the HDMI cable connects to the Sony, then the Sony gets powered up. Reverse that and it doesn't work. If my older Sony sees a cable connected to an HDMI port and it can't handshake with anything, it shuts off the port until the next power cycle. 

Not saying that's it, but let's get by the easy stuff first.  And, as always, make sure to use Lenovo Vantage to update your drivers and BIOS to the latest versions. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
OmriL
Paper Tape
Views: 403
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 900 USB-C to HDMI not working

Hi 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors