Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vjones008
Paper Tape
Views: 8,701
Message 1 of 16

Yoga 900 USB Ports Stopped Working

This morning, I found that my USB ports are not working. Any ideas on what is wrong? In the Device Manager I see USB drivers for the bluetooth and camera, but nothing for the ports - should there be? This only out of ordinary thing to occur was that I left the PC on and unplugged last night, and the batteries ran out. Help, I cant connect my iPhone!

Guru
Views: 8,606
Message 2 of 16

Re: Yoga 900 USB Ports Stopped Working

Check that USB ports are enabled in BIOS option. It should be under 'Boot', then USB Boot. Enable it. 

Also try a BIOS update: http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-900-13ISK/downloads...

If this does not resolve the problem, then try this tool from Microsoft: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9643528

Last resort is a motherboard replacement. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

vjones008
Paper Tape
Views: 8,600
Message 3 of 16

thanks!

the usb is enabled, check. the microsoft tool just looked for driver issues - none found, check. the BIOS update failed!

after downloading, installing, the rebooting, a small blue box reported 'BIOS Image Error.'

it looked like the BIOS was tailored exactly for this model/machine. any ideas?

Guru
Views: 8,595
Message 4 of 16

Do you have the Yoga 900-13ISK or the Yoga 900-13ISK2? There are different BIOS for these devices. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

vjones008
Paper Tape
Views: 8,581
Message 5 of 16

you know your stuff!

thanks, the BIOS update worked!! thanks so much!

Guru
Views: 8,576
Message 6 of 16

No problem Smiley Wink

Regards,
Eric Xu

vjones008
Paper Tape
Views: 8,575
Message 7 of 16

will add as a solution...

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 8,566
Message 8 of 16

@vjones008 wrote:

will add as a solution...

Thanks for confirming your success.

I have taken the liberty of re-marking Eric's post as the solution so that other members will see the actual successful advice.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

sawagner
Paper Tape
Views: 5,670
Message 9 of 16

My USB ports still do not work. BIOs are up to date and I've tried every solution recommended. They stopped working one day, then miraculously all worked for a few days, now do not work again. What's going on?

sawagner
Paper Tape
Views: 5,645
Message 10 of 16

This solution worked for me: Shut down the computer and remove the power cord. Hold in the power button for 30 seconds. The computer might come on during this, but it will shut off again. Keep holding the power button in for the 30 seconds. Then restart the computer. For me, the USB ports work again!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors