Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stefan15
Serial Port
Views: 1,802
Message 1 of 8

Yoga 900 cannot install Yoga Mode Control

After a clean install of Win 10 Home, I tried to reinstall the Yoga Mode Control driver from here:

http://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-900-13isk2/80UE/005KC...Smiley FrustratedSmiley FrustratedSmiley Very Happy

The install ends without error, but does not confirm success either. The app does not appear to install.

This same thing happens with Lenovo Utility.

Guru
Views: 1,738
Message 2 of 8

Re: Yoga 900 cannot install Yoga Mode Control

Hi stefan15

Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features to see if it's installed.
a. If yes, uninstall it, redownload the setup file and try again.

b. If no, run the setup flle by right-click it and Run as Administrator. 

Peter
ThinkPad X40 | ThinkPad W520 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | Yoga 11s | Yoga 3 Pro | Yoga 900 | Yoga Home 900 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro | Miix 2 10" | IdeaPad Y460p | IdeaPad K1 | 3000 Y300 

Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | I am an active volunteer, not an Lenovo employee

=====================================

List of Sound Enhancement Thread

W520 ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro ; X100e ; Vibe Shot ; Yoga 900 ; P50

stefan15
Serial Port
Views: 1,726
Message 3 of 8

The apps were all installed as admin... As mentioned there is nothing to uninstall.

The installer is quite simply buggy on Windows 10. I am shocked there aren't more complaints about this. Running "install.exe" from the driver extract folder seems to do nothing. It doesn't fail but doesn't run either.

As for "Lenovo Utility" this actually appears in "Apps and Settings" but not "Add Remove Features". I can't actually open it though.

Chase_07450
Punch Card
Views: 1,707
Message 4 of 8

same experience. This simply will not install. Shocking
olavn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,411
Message 5 of 8

Same situation with my Yoga 3 Pro-1370, using the same Mode Control driver package (both with the recommended 1.0.0.5 and the latest 1.0.0.9 from this summer).

The result.txt says no more than "ResultCode=0".

I'm using a Win10x64en Enterprise, and have installed this from scratch before. (this time the SSD died)

I'm not using the Lenovo recovery partitions but a plain USB Windows installation media taking care of creating partiotins as needed. Then downloading drivers not provided by WU, the Yoga Mode Control being the only one of interest.

Checked with Lenovo phone support and they are not supporting anything but the Lenovo disk image. Don't think you can claim Windows support, if the Windows Setup Program cannot be used. They would not provide a manual install option, or any information thereof.

They said I should have bouht a ThinkPad, but none of those models provided "display modes" etc.

So I'll let this unit be degraded as a "one mode laptop", and look more carefully at support policies before my next purcase!

Hope this can help someone.

CathalOShea
Paper Tape
Views: 1,193
Message 6 of 8

Same issue here and I am shocked.

I just received my yoga 3 pro TODAY and cannot install "Yoga Mode Control"

Fresh OEM install, updated to Windows 10 1607.

Tried both Yoga Mode Control version 1.0.0.5 and 1.0.0.9

Failed install, no error given but result.txt contains the following

"ResultCode=0"

Really need some action on this Lenovo.

olavn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,185
Message 7 of 8

Haha, gotta share the solution.

Didn't need this notebook without working mode control. So when I reluctantly took it down from the shelf after quite some time, it just worked!

In the meantime no Lenovo updates that I could see, just Windows Updates. So I tried:

- Uninstalled LenovoUtility, the remaining piece from Lenovo. Rebooted. Still with mode control.

- Deleted anything from Lenovo in Program Files and Program Files (x86). Rebooted. Still with mode control.

Lenovo Support would not help me since I did not use their Windows 8 image. I was previously told to buy a professional model to get such support. Now it turns out it's all in Windows packaged programs and drivers!

Anyway, here's what I think happened:

I'm using the Windows 10 x64 Enterprise N.

For other reasons I was recently forced to install the "Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows [10]", virtually making this a "non-N" installation.

Then, after some WU cycles, the support files missing for the mode control were finally picked up and installed.

BlinkingCursor
Blue Screen Again
Views: 920
Message 8 of 8

Having the same exact problem with my Yoga 2 11. Lenovo drivers are terrible. I get that Microsoft kind of screwed all these companies by having people upgrade to Windows 10 on unsupported devices, but Lenovo should have warned users of the possible consequences instead of making some crap drivers, some of which aren't even made for my laptop. I think I'll just have to bite the bullet and get a new laptop designed for Windows 10.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors