Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fish72
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,673
Message 1 of 18

Yoga 900 charger replacement

Hi,

A client of mine lost his Yoga 900 charger doing flight.

I can't seem to find original adapter in Israel, But I can buy Yoga 3 Pro charger, And would like to know if it's compatible with the Yoga 900 laptop (I know it's only 40W vs, 65W, But would it handle charging heat or charge slower, Assuming it's compatible pinout-wise ?)

Thank you !

Shaykea
Punch Card
Views: 2,655
Message 2 of 18

Re: Yoga 900 charger replacement

From other people expirience, You deffently can do it. 
The service in Israel is awful.

fish72
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,650
Message 3 of 18

Thank you very much Shay for your answer. I will grab a yoga pro 3 charger if I won't be able to get original one by tomorrow.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,640
Message 4 of 18

Hi,

I've heard of users doing this with some success but there are also reports of problems.

Under load the smaller power supply can go into overcurrent/overtemp shutdown or experience voltage sags that cause the laptop to revert to battery power.  This can go on repeatedly as the load and temps cycle.

Might be ok for charging only, but not a good idea IMHO.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Shaykea
Punch Card
Views: 2,637
Message 5 of 18

Happy to help!
In any case keep your origianl box if it doesnt suite from some reason and the laptop cannot be chareged. I was ordrer from abraod cable and charger spare because it is very rare to find it here. 

Guru
Views: 2,620
Message 6 of 18

Not a good idea to use the Yoga 3 Pro charger. The charger can overheat dramatically. I've heard from some other users who tried this that the charger gets really hot.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

fish72
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,617
Message 7 of 18

Thank you guys for your concerns and help.
I will order a charger from abroad and will supply my client with a temporary replacement laptop.

Guru
Views: 2,614
Message 8 of 18

Alright. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

blero
WWAN
Views: 2,604
Message 9 of 18

Hello,

The characteristics of the Yoga 900 charger are:

20V

3.25A

So you need a charger with these characteristics:

20V (19V or 19.5V will work too)

3.25 A (or more, it doesn't matter).

Yoga 3 Pro is 2A, which is not enough.

fish72
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,600
Message 10 of 18

Thanks blero,

The thing is that I have no problem to get a 20V 3+ A charger, It just doesn't have the special yoga 900 connector....
The only option I see is to order charger from abroad.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors