Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markyo
What's DOS?
Views: 983
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 900 charger troubles

Hey.

I got a yoga 900 here and it has been doing a great job, although through the months I have noticed sparks from the socket when plugging in or out. 

The laptop seems to be in good condition, but the charger will no longer work.

I was able to rest the cable at an angle and it would charge up again. Finding an awkward angle to get some charge. But that won't work anymore.

Please advise, thanks..

SeniorGuru
Views: 977
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 900 charger troubles

Welcome to the forum.

From your description of the problem it would seem that the wiring in the charger has become defective. Due to the potential safety hazard I would stop using it.

If your Y900 is still under warranty I would contact Lenovo to get a replacement. Otherwise you'll have to buy a new charger.

What's DOS?
Views: 848
Message 3 of 5

From what I have seen, charger arcing is common followed by complete failure to charge my Yoga. This is unacceptable. My Yoga is less than 2 years old and in 20 plus years of computer use have never had an arcing or failing charger. Plus, still have not found a way to contact service for a replacement. 

kaboz85
Punch Card
Views: 57
Message 4 of 5

This is the same problem I have, I want to get an original lenovo charger as a replacement, do you guys know where can I buy it ? (online, to be delivered in USA)

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 51
Message 5 of 5

@kaboz85 wrote:

This is the same problem I have, I want to get an original lenovo charger as a replacement, do you guys know where can I buy it ? (online, to be delivered in USA)

Your question was answered in the new thread you started on this subject. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors