Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan_Sx7
Paper Tape
Views: 96
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 900 does not recognize HDD after BIOS updated

Dear all,

I have a problem with my Lenovo YOGA 900, 13ISK. It had a power problem and I had to change the motherboard few days ago. After changing the motherboard, it started working and the battery could be charged like before days, and finally the system itself suggested to update the BIOS. I did and it was the start of my nightmare.

After updating the BIOS, the system failed to recognize my HDD, even in the BIOS setting, while it was working properly before update. I tried with many different methods to solve the problem like changing the start up to legacy support and booting the laptop by a bootable USB drive. 

I did whatever I could, but it seems that something has been failed during BIOS update and the system does not recognize my HDD.

Please let me know what to do, since I really stuck and don't know what to do.

Is there any way to back flash the BIOS to the older version?

Is it possible to read the files on the HDD without this motherboard?

I really need my files, otherwise I will loss almost all of my valuable information.

Please help.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 43
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 900 does not recognize HDD after BIOS updated

Hi Alan_Sx7! Welcome to our forums community. You can still have your files recovered trough a third party technician. If the HDD is not detected it's either the HDD cables are loose or the HDD is bad. Here is a link that will help you in tearing down the laptop: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT505031. Should you need technical assistance or you want it further diagnosed by a technician, feel free to visit any of our list of authorized service center. Here is the list: https://lenovo.secure.force.com/bplocator/. Hope that helps.  

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors