Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimmy12345
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,075
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 900 fan issue fixed ?

Hello! I 'm interested in purchasing a Lenovo yoga 900. Searching for many days my options was Spectre x360, surface pro 4, or yoga 900. I really had bad experience from hp fan laptops...really noisy and was hot enough to fry eggs. Also sp4 is quite expensive and read that have issues with fan. My previous laptop was a Lenovo g580. I loved it, because it was really silent.  Even in a silent room nothing heard. So decided that Lenovo yoga 900 was the best option for me but I wonder if noisy fan fixed with the bios update? Could somebody confirm? And something else is screen protector included in box?

Cruzin90
Punch Card
Views: 1,042
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 900 fan issue fixed ?

My Yoga 900 has virtually no fan noise.

AngelicCore
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,038
Message 3 of 6

Mine has the latest bios, and I have to say the fan is quite noisy.
It is usually silent if you are doing almost nothing but as soon as you do anything of value it spins up and starts making noise...
I can understand the need for that as the i7 processor can get quite hot but it still doesn't make it any less noisy..

And it gets hot too..at least if you have it on your lap..

If I were you I would think about the sp4 again...if you have to get the yoga 900 get the non qHD display (very sharp and beautiful but most apps are not ready for high DPI yet and battery doesn't last as long) and try to live with the noise..
Jimmy12345
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,030
Message 4 of 6

Thank you very much for answers.

@AngelicCore Unfortunately yoga 900s is not available for my country. Sp4 pro, read that battery lasts only 5 hours and also has issues with temperature, noisy fan. Should think it again. Really confusedSmiley Happy

One question more:what is the model of GPU? 520 or 540? In Europe I can find yoga 900 only with 520, not 540. 

AngelicCore
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,019
Message 5 of 6

I was talking about the Yoga 900 not the 900s Smiley Happy

SP4 in my opinion has the bonus of an active digitizer which means that you could write on the screen using a pen quite accurately for taking notes etc..

I've got the 540 GPU - I don't know if the difference is noticeable but either way you could purchase it from the US and have it delivered like I did.

Try not to get the signature edition which is sold by microsoft stores as they have a very bare version with no oem recovery though
Jimmy12345
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,014
Message 6 of 6

I wonder if the GPU is the problem of noisy fan

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors