Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kgorecki
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,194
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 900 - fan noise

I thought a SSD was suppose to be quiet...well my yoga 900 fan seems to be running quite a lot and there is a high pitch squeal to it (quietish high pitch squeal but still annoying). 

How do I know if this is a return issue or something typical? Has anyone else had this problem?

Returning a computer is a huge pain so I dont' want to do this just in case. 

Only want to return it if something is indeed wrong with it. 

Guru
Views: 2,168
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 900 - fan noise

I hear the fan kicking on when I'm playing games or rendering videos, otherwise, its basically silent. Also when charging, I hear it kick on. Check your background processes, might have something running. Also, make sure you're not on high performance mode.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

kgorecki
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,160
Message 3 of 7

How do I check what is in my backgroun processes and if I'm in high performance mode?
Guru
Views: 2,146
Message 4 of 7

Ctrl+Shift+ESC for background processes, and power options for high performance

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

pricolor3
What's DOS?
Views: 2,001
Message 5 of 7

I check the bg process, definately some issue with the heat sink, cauz even I opened Word, it consumes up to 40% CPU for like 10s, then it returns normal. But still anoyying

pricolor3
What's DOS?
Views: 2,000
Message 6 of 7

Exact same issue here, I will contact the tech support tomorrow,

personally, I think it's not a general problem for every laptop. I doubt that during either the shipping or packaging, the heat metal sink is loosen, so the fan has to working harsh to cool down the CPU. Because I don't want to open the back myself, I may choose to return it or find some help in BestBuy

aliatartr
Paper Tape
Views: 1,617
Message 7 of 7

Yoga 900 Fan Noise SOLVED

Hello everyone who is suffering annoying fan noise of brand new Yoga 900 (mine is 13ISK2)

I bought brand new Yoga 900 happly . however after a few hours i realise terrible fan noise comes from this little prety laptop. i checked it for a while then i decided to send it back to waranty. so i got replaced for new one after a long time period around 25 days something like that. i was happy to have it replaced with new one. but guess what it is same .. same annoying fan noise it newer ends. so i decided to find my own solution. here is what i did and what i want to do;

1) update & downdate some drivers (i cant remember the combination i did many try) it helped a bit but not became a solution for me

2) opened back case and cleaned both fans. but still got some noise then i decided to remove power of one the fans which is making much more noises than other. wallaaa i can assure you 90 % noise is gone. it is working very quit now. by doing all this i monitored cpu temperture (used core temp program). i did not find any anormal activity as it before. doing this it is your own risk! (referring to my observation it is not risky just my opinion.)

3) just in case i have ordered a new fan from http://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-FOR-Lenovo-YOGA-900-131SK-CPU-Motherboard-Cooling-Fans-Heatsink-A...

I will replace the fan if i have any problem cpu temperture and fan noise

Now i like using my new laptop Yoga 900 with a big smile Smiley Happy)))))

P.S: I believe this fan noise problem cause from bad quality fan.

Hoping that help you folks.

Warm regards from Turkiye

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors