cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spyre
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 737
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 900 ghost touches...just like yoga3 14 and 700 ghost touches...who else has em and wants a fix?

I have a month old yoga 900 and the ghost touches on the screen drive me insane.  It doesn't happen all the time but some days it'll just spaz out like crazy and ruin all my work.  I have seen in the big post there are a bunch of people complaining of the same problem with their 900's, as well as mentions in other review threads.  The 900 seems to have an LG screen as well, but the firmware update fix for the yoga3 and 700 does not run on the yoga900.  It's linked below:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/SF15-I0024

I tried to open a support case today but all they could come up with is send it in and maybe we'll replace the screen while i'm without it for ~2 weeks.  Seems unlikely that will fix the issue and I don't really want to send it in and have to give them all my passwords so they can login and test.  The firmware update worked for the other models, hopefully if they see it's an issue here as well a firmware update will get released for our models.

The hardware id shown in the properties of the screen is: MONITOR\LGD04B4   which seems like it's an LG and probably similarly effected.

Anyone else?

AmberN
Paper Tape
Views: 495
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 900 ghost touches...just like yoga3 14 and 700 ghost touches...who else has em and wants a

I too have this problem. Have the same Yoga 900 with an LG panel, model LGD04B4. Ghost touches are constant, and seemingly out of the blue, so I had to disable the touchscreen all together to be able to have a functioning machine. 

Since it is an LG panel that has known software issues, and so many people are having this problem, I find it hard to believe that it is a hardware issue. Why can't Lenovo just make the above-mentioned fix run on the 900 to see if that fixes our problem? 

I'm so bummed that I had to disable the touchscreen. This should definitely have a fix by now, Lenovo!!

bryanak
Punch Card
Views: 324
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 900 ghost touches...just like yoga3 14 and 700 ghost touches...who else has em and wants a

me too,disable the touchscreen driver to none use it .if youfind some fix way pls tell me .thank you

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors