cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
new_yoga_user
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,381
Message 1 of 40

Yoga 900 - is it possible to use a pen for taking handwriting notes?

My problem: I would like to take handwriting notes. The Yoga 900 doesn't include a pen. So I tried several devices (lenovo, adonit..) but failed. 

Therefore my question: is there any solution? Or isn't it possible to use the Yoga 900 touch screen for handwriting entries?

Thanks in advance!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 8,370
Message 2 of 40

Re: Yoga 900 - is it possible to use a pen for taking handwriting notes?

Hi newyogauser and welcome to the community,

Yes, you can take notes, you will need a capacitive stylus and a note taking app.  You will have to experiment with different styli to find an acceptable experience. Mine isn't the best for a demonstration.DSC02078.JPG

Regards,

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
new_yoga_user
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,357
Message 3 of 40

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply. 

I tried the following pens:

LENOVO ThinkPad Tablet Pen

LENOVO THINKPAD ACTIVE CAPACITIVE PEN

Adonit ADJS2G Jot Script 2.0 Evernote Edition Präzisions Stylus

And several not capacitve pens. Problem with the not capacitive pens: you can use e.g. the drawing function in OneNote but the result is too bad to use it. 

I didn't find a capacitive pen that works. 

Is there any one who can recommend a concrete pen and a concrete app so that the handwriting works? 

For comparison: I also use a Samsung tablet and a Samsung smartphone. Both have integerated pens and a standard software to take notes. It works perfectly. 

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jeanntte

Guru
Views: 8,344
Message 4 of 40

The Yoga 900 doesn't support active pen. The new Yoga 900s does, and so does the ThinkPad X1 Yoga. You'll need to resort to capacitive pens for the Yoga 900

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

new_yoga_user
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,331
Message 5 of 40

Hi,

Thank you to your reply.

I read an interessant explanation on different stylus type:

http://www.howtogeek.com/177376/not-all-tablet-styluses-are-equal-capacitive-wacom-and-bluetooth-exp...

What do you mean with an "active pen"?

Why is it not possible to use it?

Thanks in advance!

Guru
Views: 8,324
Message 6 of 40

Active pen would be a Wacom pen. You need a capacitive pen for the Yoga 900

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

new_yoga_user
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,278
Message 7 of 40

Does any one have experiences with handwriting notes and Yoga 900? Can any one recommend a pen and an note app that works with Yoga 900?

Thanks in advance!

Guru
Views: 8,264
Message 8 of 40

I use OneNote and this pen: http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Stylus-Touchscreen-Devices-Pen/dp/B00BZG6MIM/ref=zg_bs_2407783011...

Regards,
Eric Xu

new_yoga_user
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,253
Message 9 of 40

Thank you.

One more question: do you save your handwriting notes as pdf file or do you convert it?

Guru
Views: 8,250
Message 10 of 40

I save it as as PDF, or sometimes a Word document. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors