Thanks Eric appreciate the help.

Guru
Views: 580
Message 12 of 23

Re: Yoga 900 keyboard

No problem!

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Petebacher
What's DOS?
Views: 528
Message 13 of 23

I was ready to return mine, when I found the solution (see below).  If you're running Windows 7 or better (and possibly earlier, but we're all running Win10 anyway) there's a pretty simple registry tweak that fixes the problem:

in HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard:

KeyboardDelay 35

KeyboardSpeed 10

in  HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response

AutoRepeatDelay  500

AutoRepeatRate  50

BounceTime  25

DelayBeforeAcceptance 0

Flags 31

Then make the same changes in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, and reboot.

See here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/typed-letters-are-often-duplicat...

-Pete

pieceofchum
Paper Tape
Views: 510
Message 14 of 23

That's so frustrating I already returned mine. Thanks for the information anyway may come in handy for the future.

pieceofchum
Paper Tape
Views: 461
Message 15 of 23

I got to use another Yoga 900 and although the registry settings appear to diminish the frequency of the double printing characters it doesn't fix it I stil got double characters. I think this is either a hardware issue or a driver issue.

sarahfailin
Paper Tape
Views: 372
Message 16 of 23

I was experiencing the same keyboard problem and this seems to have worked for me! I typed up a few paragraphs in Word and no more doubless! <that one was on purpose. 

Hope this solution works for other ppl too. I'll let you know if they come back

mhopup
Paper Tape
Views: 325
Message 17 of 23

This is exactly the problem I'm having.  I need to get if fixed.  Any solutions?

mhopup
Paper Tape
Views: 325
Message 18 of 23

Any response on thee double keys?  How do I geet this fixed?

sarahfailin
Paper Tape
Views: 303
Message 19 of 23

Yes, I thought that i had fixed this problem in my earlier post, but actually I'm still having the same problem. It seems like I miss letters more frequently than I should too... I think I'm hitting the key, but no letter registers. ...is it me? I don't know. 

pieceofchum
Paper Tape
Views: 275
Message 20 of 23

I got the new version of the Yoga 900 with the PCIe drive and the upgraded processoor and yes the keyboard still emits double keys. It is so sad this computer would be the best in its class for sure. Lenovo should just make it slighly larger and increase the key travel as I suspect that would fix the double character issue. The funny thing is typing on the keybooard is actually pretty awesome otherwise even with the low key travel but the double characters are just too much of a pain to live with for someone who types as much as I do. UGH UGH UGH function over everything else please Lenovoo and test better. And yes I left the double characters in this reply on purpose.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors