cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chessie00
Paper Tape
Views: 65,614
Message 1 of 16

Yoga 900 - no HDMI out? How to connect to TV port?

I am looking for a new laptop.   Considering the Yoga 900.  One of the things I do a LOT is connect my laptop HDMI out to the HDMI in port on my tv.  In fact, I have a 15ft HDMI cable that I leave plugged in to a HDMI port on my tv.  WHen we want to watch something online, I just plug the cable in and off we go. 

I don't see any kind of HDMI out port on the Yoga 900.  How would I make this connection to my television?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 65,585
Message 2 of 16

Re: Yoga 900 - no HDMI out? How to connect to TV port?

Hello and welcome,

The base spec says this:  optional HDMI-out (via USB 3.0 Type-C to HDMI adapter) 

I don't have any way to test one of those but The Google says they are availble.  Here's one examplehttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X4S5C7G?gclid=CIrih6vq_MgCFY9bfgodjqILqw

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

chessie00
Paper Tape
Views: 65,575
Message 3 of 16

Ah.  So there is a port...just need a new adaptor for the cable.  Okay, thanks.  Smiley Happy

kaliseo
Paper Tape
Views: 57,373
Message 4 of 16

In fact, i'm a little bit disapointed.. I bougth the Yoga 900 too, after reading i'll be able to plug a screen with USB type C adapter, but... It was soooo hard to find an adapter (only the Apple worked) and... The quality is horrible..

I'll contact lenovo next week to have explainations about this point.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 57,370
Message 5 of 16

There are at least two (not Apple) reported as working in this thread:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/yoga-900-USB-Type-C-to-HDMI-Adapter/m-p/32...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

kaliseo
Paper Tape
Views: 57,363
Message 6 of 16

Unable to find them in shops (France). The Aukey one did not work for me. (unable to install drivers : https://www.amazon.fr/review/R1X3R9NB865QA9/ref=pe_1636431_66412821_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv)

People are talking about TV connection. I'm talking about second computer screen. icons are aliased & edged. It's horrible.

Do you think the quality can be better with this one ?

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/frweb/LenovoPortal/fr_FR/catalog.workflow:item.detai...

If you have a solution.. Cause i spent 89€ (~$100) to buy an adapter wich have poor video quality, i'm disgusted. 

A shame when we buy $1800 computers... If Lenovo don't give me a solution, i'll take back my money and buy a dell XPS 15.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 57,358
Message 7 of 16

I haven't tried the Lenovo adapter so I can't comment on that.

I've only tested mine with a TV but will try to set up an external monitor to try.

What resolution is your external monitor?

Z.

kaliseo
Paper Tape
Views: 57,356
Message 8 of 16

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 57,346
Message 9 of 16

I just did a quick test with the adapter I linked in that other thread and my Acer 1920x1280 23 inch monitor.

It looks  pretty good to me.  Better as an extended desktop so the monitors can run with separate scaling than cloned.

Z.

kaliseo
Paper Tape
Views: 57,343
Message 10 of 16

I'll make the test tomorrow with the lenovo screen i have at work, but i dont want to buy a third adapter if it does not work better.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors