Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgtcombs
Paper Tape
Views: 1,120
Message 11 of 17

Re: Yoga 900 problems

I've found that restarting usually resets the graphics, it happens sometimes when disconecting from an external monitor. Or try a force quit. (this is not meant as a "did you try rebooting" comment, this is something I've found that has worked. Good luck. 

pedrogonc
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 895
Message 12 of 17

I have a problem with my audio output.
sound only in the left channel!
Any suggestion?

Citizen99
What's DOS?
Views: 806
Message 13 of 17

My new Yoga 900 (running Windows 10) just did something new. It was docked as a desktop, connected to a Targus Universal HD Docking Station. I shut it down, then disconnected from the dock so I could open it up as a laptop, but when I went to hit the power button, I saw it was still on. I closed the lid and connected it back to the dock, but nothing showed on the screen. Back and forth several more times, same thing -- black screen whether docked or in laptop mode. Power button stays on, fan is running hard, but still black screen. I even tried the novo button, no response. The only thing that functions is the keyboard backlight using the Fn button and the space bar. Looks like it is stuck in this mode. When this kind of thing happened with my old Dell laptop, I removed the battery to kill it. But the Yoga doesn't have a removable battery. HELP!

Guru
Views: 804
Message 14 of 17

Keep the power button pressed until it shuts down. Should take about 20-40 seconds.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
KWJ
Paper Tape
Views: 729
Message 15 of 17

I have two issues that are similar.   When the Yoga 900 is just powered up as standalone,  all the sudden, the screen goes dark and I have to power off and restart to use the computer again.   When I have it connected to a ThinkPad USB 3.0 Ultra Dock, it will just locks up with the displays remaining on.  I have to do the same thing.  Power off and restart to solve the issue.   Lenovo had me reinstall the INTEL VGA Driver, but that didn't solve the problem.

Anna901
What's DOS?
Views: 216
Message 16 of 17

My Yoga 900 (after 8 months) just does not turn on. No matter what I do. I went through every advice.
Plus! It has already been repaired by Lenovo, and after 2 weeks - again it does not turn on, no matter what I do.

Do any of you guys have problems like this? Or maybe mine is just permanently broken.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 215
Message 17 of 17

Hi Anna901,

Just so the helpers here have a bit more information to base their replies on, what type of repair was made by Lenovo? If it has been only 8 months, can we assume that the YOGA 900 is still under warranty? Have you tried calling Lenovo Tech Support to report this issue as a follow-up to the repair?

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors