05-21-2018 03:55 PM
Bought Yoga 900 on 12/30/15. Recently, it shuts down randomly on battery or AC Power. Is there a software update I'm missing? It doesn't appear to be battery related since the issue occurs when plugged in too. I reviewed Power Settings to ensure it wasn't being turned off as a result of a setting. Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.
06-05-2018 08:11 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Sounds like power problem indeed, but the fact that it turns off even while the charger is plugged in, makes me believe it may be another component at fault here.
Try running an LSC scan, see if that`s able to find anything for you:
1. Please click on the following link
2. Under the section ‘Download’ select the relevant Hyperlink dependant on whether your Lenovo is running Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit or 64 bit.(Will work on Win10)
3. When prompted, select save and browse to a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
4. Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation file, lscsetup_x86_26001.exe.
5. Double-click the installation file icon to start the installation.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions via the installation wizard that will install Lenovo Solution Centre on your system.
7. Once installed you will have a ‘Lenovo Solution Centre’ icon on your desktop please click to open this.
8. Once solution center is opened please select ‘Checkup’ then ‘Hardware Scan’ and ‘Full Scan’
9. This will take up to 20 minutes, see if this can find any errors.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.