Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rmelkus
What's DOS?
Views: 19,514
Message 1 of 18

Yoga 900 - setting up dual external monitors?

My work purchased a Yoga 900-13ISK and two external monitors with HDMI and the traditional VGA inputs. I would like to connect the machine so I can run two external monitors simultaneously when I'm working from home. The best solution I have found is the type c adapter which will allow my to run one external monitor only. Does anyone have any guidance for setting up the machine to run two external monitors simultaneously? Thanks!

Guru
Views: 19,415
Message 2 of 18

Re: Yoga 900 - setting up dual external monitors?

Upon reading articles online about the Yoga 900, it does support dual monitors (HDMI or Display port), but you'll need a USB-C adapter. Does your USB C adapter have two display options on it?

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

rmelkus
What's DOS?
Views: 19,400
Message 3 of 18

Thanks for the message Eric.

I am trying to find an adpater with two HDMI ports and haven't been able to find one. Would you have one you could recommend?

Thanks for the help!

Guru
Views: 19,396
Message 4 of 18

I think what might work is buying two of these: http://www.amazon.com/CHOETECH-Multiport-Delivery-Recharging-Chromebook/dp/B01A6ZPHAQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=... I'm not sure if this will work, however.

Its a bummer, I can't find anyone who makes a USB C to dual HDMI yet, mainly because USB C is such a new type of cable, and a new standard. Maybe in the near future, we will see more accesories. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 19,375
Message 5 of 18

Hello, welcome to forums!

Best option is having your external monitor plugged to the USB Type-C connector, but i would recommend you the setup i have right now at my office.

I have a Lenovo USB 3.0 Basic dock , connected to an standard 3.0 USB port of my Yoga and i have two 24" monitors attached to the dock and i can use my USB Type-C for an external HardDrive.

And i have the two monitors and my laptop's monitors all working at the same time. 

I think there are new Docks with new kind of ports, you can see them here

Hope this is helpful to you. If so, please let me know. 

Banner Foro.gif

Juan C. Polanco

☑ No trabajo para Lenovo, soy voluntario.
☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.
Guru
Views: 19,371
Message 6 of 18

Great to see you, Juan! Does the USB port transfer video? I actually didn't even know that, I might try to use the USB to video rather than USB C to video. Thanks!

Regards,
Eric Xu

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 19,361
Message 7 of 18

Hi Eric!! My pleasure.

Actually YES, the dock supports DisplayLink Technology and of course it's better because you can make a better use of the Type-C USB, in my case external Storage.

And the best is you only have to plug the USB 3.0 cable to the PC and then you have a lot of extra ports available.

Enjoy!! 

Banner Foro.gif

Juan C. Polanco

☑ No trabajo para Lenovo, soy voluntario.
☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.
pboughton
What's DOS?
Views: 19,344
Message 8 of 18

Hello, 

Is Displaylink actually supported on the Yoga 900, I have tried to set it up but get a warning that I already have other USB display drivers installed. I do use Startech USB adapters and tried removing them and uninstalling every trace but no joy. Before I reinstall my entire laptop I wondered if this was likely the cause and DL is definately supported or if it's a part of the Yoga 900 drivers that are preventing DL from working does anyone know for sure?

jrraymond
Paper Tape
Views: 16,566
Message 9 of 18

Hi Juan -

Thanks for your post. Just to clarify, is it a Yoga 900 that you have connected to the dual external monitors via the Lenovo USB 3.0 Basic Dock? I'm in the same boat as the original poster.

Thanks again, Jeff

Guru
Views: 16,565
Message 10 of 18

I have this one and it works like a charm: https://www.amazon.com/CableCreation-USB-C-Adapter-Macbook-Chromebook/dp/B0126ZFTZM

Since it also has DisplayLink, a USB to VGA would work as well. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors