Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allan_1
Paper Tape
Views: 387
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 900 shuts down during startup

Hi, 2+ year old Yoga 900 is perfect, except for a recent problem that I just started experiencing a few months ago. Randomly, during the start-up, it will just shut down. This goes on for several hours where when I push the power button, the screen and keyboard backlight will turn on, the black screen with the white Lenovo text is displayed for serveral seconds, then the screen suddenly turns black and the computer turns off. I can keep turning it on and it will keep doing the same thing over and over. I have to let it sit for several hours before I come back to the computer and it "fixes itself". I can't make any corrolation to why or when this problem starts happening, or when it "fixes itself" (as in, it doesn't matter if it's plugged in or or not, or what the charge level is, etc.). I already had my battery replaced once, and I have no idea what might cause this. The computer has never been dropped, and I don't think its a power supply/battery connection internal issue becasue I can leave the computer sitting on my desk and it will start having this problem and "fix itself" without me moving the computer. Please help!

Joe-Mc
What's DOS?
Views: 326
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 900 shuts down during startup

Did you get any answers on this we have one about the same age doing the same thing but it will not start at all??

Allan_1
Paper Tape
Views: 314
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 900 shuts down during startup

No, although it hasn't done it in a while, and a system update might have fixed it....i'll comment again if it happens again.

Also, I noticed if it happens more often if i keep the laptop open, and it goes to sleep by itself.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors