Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

11-21-2015

United Kingdom

13 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 1 of 20

Yoga 900 stopped charging [UK]

2015-11-21, 12:56 PM

Hi, thanks in advance for any hep you can provide.

My Yoga 900 has stopped charging. I have tried using a friends power brick and cable and that doesn't work either. 

I was charging it last week and I thought it was working but I noticed at 10% that it wasn't. It's now off and I don't know if it will turn back on, I don't want to try in case I need that last 10% for something.

So I've ruled out (I think) the power brick and cable that came with it.

I've tried to email support via the website and had no response (emailed on 14th November - it's now been a week!)

I tried emailing them via the web service Resolver on the 19th and had no response.

I tried calling them yesterday and after an hour on hold I gave up.

Does anyone know how I can get hold of anyone from Lenovo who can help me? This was an expensive laptop and I'd like to be able to use it!

Based in UK

Regards

FuzzyDunlop

Options

2509 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3464 Signins

42835 Page Views

• Views: 42835
  • Message 2 of 20

Re: Yoga 900 stopped charging [UK]

2015-11-22, 5:07 AM

Please visit http://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/. I would suggest the live support chat feature, but if that isn't available, there is phone support as well. It seems like the charging port on your computer may be defective. No worries, Lenovo should be able to replace or repair the unit. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Communities:    Moto English     English     Deutsche     Español     Portugues     Русскоязычное     Česká     Slovenská     Українська   

Options

11 Posts

11-21-2015

United Kingdom

13 Signins

84 Page Views

• Message 3 of 20

2015-11-22, 17:12 PM

Thanks EricX,

Lenovo UK finally got back to me yesterday and will be sending instructions for sending the laptop in for repair.

They mentioned the following, which seems strange, as the Yoga 900 is available in the UK and the internals shouldn't be different? Am I wrong?

"As this machine is purchased from outside of the UK it may not be possible to repair your product under the international warranty provision if the parts required to undertake your repair cannot be procured in a timely manner. If this is the case we will contact you and make arrangements to have your product returned to you unrepaired."

I wonder if that is just a holding statement? It feels like it might be used to avoid a repair, knowing that a customer will have little recourse with a foreign retailer.... Well, we will have to see. I wonder what a "timely manner" is, and how that conflicts with my rights - but at this point I will have to have confidence that Lenovo should be able to repair or replace the unit

Thanks for your response

Options

2509 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3464 Signins

42835 Page Views

• Message 4 of 20

2015-11-22, 17:56 PM

I reside in the US, but they should usually have no issues repairing it. They should cover all of shipping costs. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Communities:    Moto English     English     Deutsche     Español     Portugues     Русскоязычное     Česká     Slovenská     Українська   

Options

11 Posts

11-21-2015

United Kingdom

13 Signins

84 Page Views

• Message 5 of 20

2015-11-24, 15:43 PM

Thanks for your responses :) Very reassuring!

What's not reassuring though is the lack of response I am getting from the UK. I mentioned that after 1 week I finally got acknowledgement of my issue, I was asked at the end if I wanted to continue with the warranty claim and receive instructions for sending the laptop into the repair centre.

I responded that I did and would wait for the instructions and I am still to have a response with those instructions...

Is it normal to wait so long for answers? Surely this is straightforward for them? 

One of the reasons I bought this laptop was that it was brand new and unique, every day I can't use it diminishes its value to me

Options

2509 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3464 Signins

42835 Page Views

• Message 6 of 20

2015-11-24, 20:54 PM

I agree, the Yoga 900 is very unique. I don't think it is normal for it to take this long for Lenovo to respond. Best way is to contact them again through their support site either with chat or by phone. Lenovo deals with a lot of computer (they are the #1 computer maker), so some messages may get lost along the way. The live chat feature is really efficient and time saving though.

Regards,
Eric Xu

Options

11 Posts

11-21-2015

United Kingdom

13 Signins

84 Page Views

• Message 7 of 20

2015-11-25, 9:54 AM

Thanks again  for your help. Strangely, within an hour of posting my last post, I received an email from Lenovo UK.

I can now package up my laptop and send it to the outsourced repair centre in Germany.

What's strange is that each time I have posted on here, I have received a response - but otherwise I have waited for days with no response (up to a week). 

Makes me worry for the customer service and warranty I'll receive when I send the laptop in, but I have no choice as far as I can tell

Options

2509 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3464 Signins

42835 Page Views

• Message 8 of 20

2015-11-25, 20:42 PM

I'm glad they emailed you back. If you have any questions, feel free to reply back.

Regards,
Eric Xu

Options

107 Posts

05-23-2015

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

400 Signins

1549 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1549
  • Message 9 of 20

2015-11-25, 21:04 PM

I'm watching this one closely as I would expect Lenovo to honour their warrenty if this were to happen to my Lenovo Yoga. Keep us updated and good luck!

Options

11 Posts

11-21-2015

United Kingdom

13 Signins

84 Page Views

• Message 10 of 20

2015-12-01, 16:54 PM

Thanks Flanimal!

Update 1: I packaged the laptop up very securely and posted it on Saturday morning at 11am. It's going to Germany, so I expect it to arrive by Wednesday (tomorrow). I packaged it extremely securely and took photos of the packaging process to show how well it has been packaged.  

Oddly enough, none of the tracking numbers I was given work on either the Lenovo partner website but I was able to track and trace with DHL, it's currently in Cologne on its way to the repair centre....

I will keep you all updated! I'm considering tweeting this as well, I think people buying a top of the market laptop should know whether this turns out good or bad for the customer. Obviously I'm hopeful for a good result

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms