Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

31 Posts

01-30-2016

Israel

43 Signins

483 Page Views

• Views: 483
  • Message 11 of 13

Re: Yoga 900-various battery status in short period time

2016-02-16, 11:35 AM

Hello dave and thank you for commenting: 
From varoius reviews  i saw that yoga 900 mostly up to 6:26 hours of usage, including running movies at HD. However, my computer runs for 3:30 hours with simple use of surfing and sometimes using MS office applications like Word. 
I also apdated all the drivers which supposed to save me some power. 
Moreover, the time which supposed o left isn't true: for exmple, if the computer says me that "26 minutes left" it is not correct an accuatly it just 7 minutes. Of course thi is one exmple of many when my battery is not accurated.

Options

4502 Posts

01-22-2010

United States of America

38884 Signins

589891 Page Views

• Views: 589891
  • Message 12 of 13

2016-02-16, 12:36 PM

Hi Shaykea,

I don't use any power saving settings on mine, it always runs on High Performance with the brightness on high and I'm seeing 5 hours usage on the battery.

Do you have the Companion app installed?  If you open Companion and then System Health, there's a battery tab to click on.  Open that and it will tell you what the designed capacity of the battery is versus the actual  charge capacity.  

Also check to see within the Power settings whether Conservation Mode is turned on.  Your battery will only charge to 55 percent with that turned on.

There is no battery calibration that I can find.  You might want to change your power settings to High performance with no power savings and turn your machine off and charge it up full charge. Then turn it back on and see what everything says then. 

It does seem like you have a problem with your battery, but do the above and post back your findings.

Regards,

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

31 Posts

01-30-2016

Israel

43 Signins

483 Page Views

• Views: 483
  • Message 13 of 13

2016-02-25, 17:05 PM

thank you for your answer: i have been doing serverl checks, also the full scan with lenovo comapnion and the solution center. all the parameters seems good but accualy it doesnt. i amm very dispaointed from the yoga 900 and i regret that i havnt bought the Thinkpad yoga. Most of the problems came in the IdeaPad series, nothing on Thinkpad. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)