Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tuhin
Punch Card
Views: 7,471
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 900 video out

I have heard and read the Yoga 900 can do video out using the USB Type-C port paired with an adapter. Is this the only way to output video to another device? Would the laptop not output video through the USB 3.0 port if I got a USB to HDMI adapter?
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 7,454
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 900 video out

@tuhin wrote:
I have heard and read the Yoga 900 can do video out using the USB Type-C port paired with an adapter. Is this the only way to output video to another device? Would the laptop not output video through the USB 3.0 port if I got a USB to HDMI adapter?

No, it's not the only way. The Yoga 900 supports connections made to wireless displays as well. It should also support a USB to HDMI adaptor.

I've got a Lenovo USB 3.0 to DVI Adaptor, and that works fine with the Yoga 900.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

mkitten
Punch Card
Views: 7,151
Message 3 of 5

Excellent. Does that mean it is possible to avoid using the USB-C and use the USB 3.0 port for Ethernet too? Will the USB 3.0 also work with a multiport providing both video output and Ethernet? (I know the USB-C does that but there is not enough choice of economic and reliable connectors yet)

Stutlered
What's DOS?
Views: 6,343
Message 4 of 5

I use it with the Targus Universal USB 3.0 DV Docking Station and it works great. Networking, Dual Monitor support, and USB ports. There are portable USB 3.0 adapters that have video and Ethernet in them.

Remember USB type C is still USB.

USB 3.0 is a stronger connector and I am glad I can choose it for these uses.

pacdeo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,243
Message 5 of 5

I read several responses on the sales page to questions that said the Yoga 900 will only support 1 external monitor. But you say you use it here with a Targus universal dock and have dual monitor support. Is that correct? Also, are you saying you dock the Yoga 900 via the USB 3.0 port and not the USB C port? Because users on this forum said video out is not supported via the USB 3.0 port, only the USB C port. Please clarify, because I REALLY want to get a dock for dual monitor support. But until I read this, everything I read said it could not be done.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors