Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tspnyc
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,476
Message 1 of 10

Yoga 900 will not install Photoshop software

I purchased a Yoga 900 - model 80UE

I am unable to install my copy of PhotoShop 7. I was able to install it on a Sager Laptop that also had Windows 10 and an i7 processor.

The Autorun opens, and gets past the user agreement, and on to the screen where I choose Installation  or Explore Disc.

When I click on the button to install PhotoShop, or Adobe Reader, there is a momentary spinning wheel that vanishes and the CD player stops working.

After some investigation I found multipe instances of Set Up in the Task Manager - one for each attempt to lauch the Setup. These are listed as Setup 32 bit.

It also happens when I go into the disc and double click on the Setup inside the PhotoShop folder.

I have rebooted, as well as shut down, etc.

Nothing will get the installation to kick in.

Again, I was able to install PS 7 from the same disc and same external disc drive on a Sager laptop with Windows 10 and an i7 processor.

If anyone has suggestions that might help me get this program installed (Adobe no longer sells PhotoShop, it is a subscription service only and I cannot get a download version of PS7 which is maybe 10 years old.)

I still have a few days where I can return this Lenovo and get something else, which I will certainly do if I cannot install this software. This Yoga was purchased to be a remote audio visual work station. I was able to get my video editing and audio editing software, but it is worthless to me without PhotoShop.

Thanks.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,461
Message 2 of 10

Re: Yoga 900 will not install Photoshop software

Good day and welcome to the community.

Sorry you're having difficulty.

I confess no knowledge of using PS, so this is a wild guess, a really wild guess, but could it be hanging up on the 3200x1800 panel resolution? Like a hardware enumeration hang? Think it's worth it to drop the resolution setting to FHD and trying the install again?

Corollary question: What's the native panel resolution of the other machine?

Edit to add: There is some interesting discussion here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1941912
Things ranging from just letting the installer run for a couple hours, to copying the CD contents to the main drive and then running setup, to running the installer in safe-mode.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,449
Message 3 of 10

I had Photoshop CC installed for a while with zero problems. I still have Photoshop Elements 8 installed right now. I actually had them both installed at the same time. I had no problem installing them.

Have you tried booting windows cleanly? Have you looked in the event viewer logs and see if there is an entry telling you the problem?

Hoov
Former Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com
tspnyc
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,435
Message 4 of 10

Thanks y'all.

I will try these suggestions in the morning. The native res on the Sager is 2560 X 1440.

I suspect this has nothing to do with PhotoShop itself, but the installer. That may be what is having an issue with this particular PC or Windows install (which came installed from Lenovo.) Or possibly due to some other Lenovo-based software.

But trouble shooting compatibility with the Windows 10 Help got me nowhere.

Not sure what you mean by booting Windows cleanly. I have tried to launch the Autorun and Setup first thing after a shut down and start, after restarting, etc.

I did not think it would let me copy the contents of the CD. So I will try that and look at the thread posted.

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,432
Message 5 of 10

You can still download Photoshop elements from adobe.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/photoshop-elements-7-8-9-downloads.html

The link is for 7, 8 and 9.

Dave 

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
tspnyc
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,426
Message 6 of 10

Thanks. I do not want Elements, which is not PhotoShop, as it has a simplified interface and limited features.

Besides, I will never support any company that only offers an endless money pit of subscription only software. I do not work for some corporation that can throw that kind of money away just to keep using the software they have become accustom to.

I would have purchased or upgraded my PhotoShop long ago, but since Adobe decided to take PhotoShop software off the market and hold it hostage just so they could engage in the greed of extorting endless funds from anyone who must use it, they can kiss my skinny black shoes, as i will never give Adobe another penny.

I wish the world could boycott them and put them out of business before other software companies start using the same model.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,421
Message 7 of 10

Sadly, a lot of them are going that route.

I have CS5 installed on a Yoga 900 here and I haven't had any problems with the install.  As stated above, I think you will want to lower the resolution as the program doesn't handle scaling properly.

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,388
Message 8 of 10

To do a clean boot follow the instructions on this page, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Hoov
Former Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com
tspnyc
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,380
Message 9 of 10

I apologize for the rant. I blame the scotch, and the late hour and the hours of frustration.

Adobe is free to market as they wish, of course, so long I get to use my tried and true PhotoShop 7.

And now I CAN!

Lettng it sit for hours did nothing. But installing in Safe Mode worked flawlessly!

Thanks for the input, advice, and suggestions.

I really love this Yoga 900 and would have been sorry to see it go back to the store.

Cheers!

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,373
Message 10 of 10

Glad you got it working!
The Yoga 900 really is a sweet piece of kit.

Cheers!

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto

I am not a Lenovo employee

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors