Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pricehale
What's DOS?
Views: 489
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 900: will not wake from sleep

Yoga 900 will not wake from sleep. The power button on the laptop is blinking, indicating the laptop is in sleep mode. Pressing the power key has no effect. Pressing power key for a few seconds (hoping for a hard reboot) also has no effect. Must remove battery to reboot the computer. This is an intermittent problem. The problem occurs randomly. I have not been able to establish any pattern related to how sleep was initiated (e.g. was sleep initiated by: closing the lid, clicking on sleep in the Windows GUI, pressing the power button). The problem has occured 5 times but it is a major hassell when it occurs.

Moderator note: post moved from old ThinkPad thread to Yoga forum.  Subject edited to match content.  Was: Re: W520 will not wake from sleep

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 457
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 900: will not wake from sleep

Hi pricehale,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Based on this forum thread Amy_Lenovo suggested to update the BIOS of the laptop. Please try to update the BIOS and also try other suggested solution by other users on that thread.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

dardbrad
What's DOS?
Views: 257
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 900: will not wake from sleep

Hi.  i have the same problem where it will not wake from sleep or when shut down and resetting the battery and plugging back into main power for a few seconds is the onlly way to start the pc even with 100% charge

My first thought as you suggested was to re-flash the bios but the bios utillity will not reflash as it says the bios is the same, being version e1cn47ww.  what is the workaround for this please

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors