cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jt9989
Paper Tape
Views: 491
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 900 with Intel Wireless AC 8260 CANNOT connect to some wireless networks but phone CAN

This laptop has ALWAYS struggled to connect to some networks that my phone and tablet can connect to no problem, eg in hotels, Starbucks etc. Here is an example. I want to know why Lenovo doesn't connect to wifi, it's consistently infuriating and I may return the laptop to the retailer if I can't get a solution.

Here's the network that my Android phone has no problem with:

Screenshot_2017-05-16-10-51-00.png

Yet when I connect with the laptop I get no Internet connection:

no connection.PNGwifi.PNG

I have installed the latest wireless drivers from Intel but still it does not work. IS this problem common? Is the problem with Intel or Lenovo? What can I do to fix it? Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 431
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 900 with Intel Wireless AC 8260 CANNOT connect to some wireless networks but phone CAN

Hi,

This is a long-shot, but easy to try.  Go to Device Manager, properties for your wifi card.  Try adjusting the channel width.  If auto, try 20MHz or 40Mhz.  If set to one of those, try auto.

I've had that problem - connectied to access point, but no internet - and "fixed" it by fiddling channel width.  It was different hardware so I can't say that this will help.  Just tossing it out here...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors