Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsftd
Paper Tape
Views: 131,528
Message 11 of 52

Re: Yoga 900 -- won't turn on

1) Have you tried disconnecting the battery, then pressing and holding the power button for ~5 seconds before putting the battery back in?  Additionally, you might try doing the same with the bios battery removed.

2) How do you know the BIOS version if it isn't getting to POST?

3) Do you mean that it only booted up once, then manifested the issue?

4) It's hardly a common issue.  Few enough people have reported it, and I am inclined to assume that it is either due to overheating (I had accidentally left it in my bad while turned on), or some sort of bad connection from the family which is solved by reseating.

5) If it still wont work, you should be able to RMA it

tsftd
Paper Tape
Views: 11,083
Message 12 of 52

If you're repeatedly having the issue, you may want to try reseating the battery and see if it fixes it.  I've had mine ~ 7 months now, with daily use, and it hasn't happened again.

It's not quality of components, or planned obsolescence -- if that were the case, it wouldn't start working again.  Perhaps a flaw in the assembly process, or a result of overheating in an enclosed space, as mentioned in my last post.

BTFOffice
Paper Tape
Views: 11,068
Message 13 of 52

Yes we checked the Bios when it first booted but this problem manifested itself soon after.

I do not think it is due to overheating.

There are a lot of reports of this problem and not just with the Yoga 900.

Having worked in the IT service industry at a high level I am confident in diagnostics.

I do no know where the CMOS battery is located in this model.

We have disconnected the main battery and reconnected it. I noticed that the 2 in 1 is not charging the Battery. ( I have a couple of this model - I plugged in a flat battery and it would not charge. Put it in a working model and the battery charged. Plugged in a fully charged battery and the flashing status light problem is still showing up. )

bluebossa
What's DOS?
Views: 9,999
Message 14 of 52

After a year of very intensive use I have had the same issue this morning. But beeing that patient to press the button several times longer than 20 seconds I could come over this as you described. That was all that I had to do - no disabling fast start or even opening the case.
aa6lq
What's DOS?
Views: 9,663
Message 15 of 52

I have the exact problem as describe in this thread of discussions.  The problem was intermittent before when additional attempts with the power button got the machine going.

It is now unstartable with any and all 'solutions' presented by the user community here.

The power light stays on and the keyboard lit up for a few moments.  Nothing else happened.

I was frustrated to the point that I took off the bottom, removed the battery and try powering on with only the AC adapter while trying all the procedures listed by others (kudos to all!).

Nothing worked!

Unable to locate either the CMOS battery or the SSD so far.

bikindee
What's DOS?
Views: 9,392
Message 16 of 52

This solution worked. Holding down the power button for 1 minute and then turning on as normal. Saved the day!!! Thank you very much.

gerkas
Paper Tape
Views: 9,276
Message 17 of 52

Re: Yoga 900 -- won't turn on (SOLVED)

I have yoga 900 and it do not charge.I taste with a multimeter the volt  output of the ac adapter and i found 5.2 volt.Has the ac adapter problem.PLEASE TELL ME.

vicusi21
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,082
Message 18 of 52

I just had this problem, but in my case the charging light did not even come on.
I pressed and held the power button for about 1 minute +. Then pressed it again, the computer would not come on. After repeating the same procedure 3 times the computer came on.

I noticed windows installed an update the day before. I uninstalled it, and so far the computer has not given me any problems. I hope this helps.

Best.

vicusi21
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,002
Message 19 of 52

Computer just turned off by itself when I picked it up. Noticed reinstalled itself, I uninstalled it again. Most likely computer will turn off by itself again. I'll never buy a Lenovo again.

Kimchee71
Paper Tape
Views: 8,895
Message 20 of 52

I have the x1 yoga and this didn't work for me :/ I have no idea how to take this thing apart, paid a lot of money and just got it. Very dissappointing

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors