11-19-2016 05:10 AM
1) Have you tried disconnecting the battery, then pressing and holding the power button for ~5 seconds before putting the battery back in? Additionally, you might try doing the same with the bios battery removed.
2) How do you know the BIOS version if it isn't getting to POST?
3) Do you mean that it only booted up once, then manifested the issue?
4) It's hardly a common issue. Few enough people have reported it, and I am inclined to assume that it is either due to overheating (I had accidentally left it in my bad while turned on), or some sort of bad connection from the family which is solved by reseating.
5) If it still wont work, you should be able to RMA it
11-19-2016 05:15 AM
If you're repeatedly having the issue, you may want to try reseating the battery and see if it fixes it. I've had mine ~ 7 months now, with daily use, and it hasn't happened again.
It's not quality of components, or planned obsolescence -- if that were the case, it wouldn't start working again. Perhaps a flaw in the assembly process, or a result of overheating in an enclosed space, as mentioned in my last post.
11-19-2016 04:10 PM
02-12-2017 01:03 AM
03-08-2017 10:39 AM
I have the exact problem as describe in this thread of discussions. The problem was intermittent before when additional attempts with the power button got the machine going.
It is now unstartable with any and all 'solutions' presented by the user community here.
The power light stays on and the keyboard lit up for a few moments. Nothing else happened.
I was frustrated to the point that I took off the bottom, removed the battery and try powering on with only the AC adapter while trying all the procedures listed by others (kudos to all!).
Unable to locate either the CMOS battery or the SSD so far.
04-23-2017 09:19 AM
I just had this problem, but in my case the charging light did not even come on.
I pressed and held the power button for about 1 minute +. Then pressed it again, the computer would not come on. After repeating the same procedure 3 times the computer came on.
I noticed windows installed an update the day before. I uninstalled it, and so far the computer has not given me any problems. I hope this helps.
04-28-2017 07:37 PM
Computer just turned off by itself when I picked it up. Noticed reinstalled itself, I uninstalled it again. Most likely computer will turn off by itself again. I'll never buy a Lenovo again.