Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supertabrams
Paper Tape
Views: 4,746
Message 31 of 52

Re: Yoga 900 -- won't turn on

Get real dude, this is THE COMMON ISSUE FOR MOST ALL YOGA MODELS -- hundreds of people are suffering from it and Lenovo offers NO SOLUTIONS, and their service center, at best, can oly remedy the issue for about 2 more weeks of use before it goes out again.

"Not a common issue"....   What universe are you living in?

Menner
Paper Tape
Views: 2,676
Message 32 of 52

Re: Yoga 900 -- won't turn on (SOLVED)

My Yoga 900s has the same problem. Device does nothing when I press the power button. The charging light cycles the colors white (10 s), off (1 s) and amber (1s), white, ... when I keep pressing the power button. But both,  holding power button  20 seconds, or  60 seconds, doesn't reanimate my Yoga 900s.

Finally, i bought a Torx T5 Screwdriver, opened the bottom cover, disconnected the battery from the mainboard, connected the AC adapter, and, voila, could power on the machine.

I'm hoping, this will not happen again. Seems to me like a firmware issue.

Nerdude
What's DOS?
Views: 2,637
Message 33 of 52

I experience the exact same scenario as Menner and had to unscrew the bottom cover with a T5 and disconnect and reconnect the battery. So far I had to do it twice within a week. Are the Lenovo people deaf or blink with this issue? After reading this entire thread I am concluding that it is a Bios issue and it makes sense if Lenovo to look into resolve rather than leaving everyone in the cold.  As a a result of this issue I had to buy an HP  low cost laptop and do not recommend Lenovo to any clients!!!!!! I will post if I find any other resolution of course.  

bramchi
What's DOS?
Views: 2,537
Message 34 of 52

We had the same issue. vletroye's suggestion back on page one of this thread worked perfectly for us:

- flip the screen 360° all the way to the back, into tablet mode

- make sure the power cable is connected

- hold the power button 20+ seconds

- laptop boots, Lenovo logo shows up again — sweet relief!

There was a large amount of Windows updates due before the laptop stopped turning on, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

kepstein
Paper Tape
Views: 2,004
Message 35 of 52

I've had this problem a couple of times.  The button-hold solution described earlier in this thread caused it to reboot. This most recent event required me to open the case, unscrew the battery, pull and re-seat the battery cable, and then screw everything back together again. I noticed that one of the tab-rings used to attach the battery with a screw was broken, so I'm thinking that the battery got jostled enough to unseat the battery cable.  The laptop was able to boot up with the power adapter plugged in and the battery unplugged from the motherboard, so probably the same thing would happen if the battery is completely dead and will not take a charge.    I am a little worried that I'm now missing one screw tab to stablize the battery, so if it happens again, it may be necessary figure out a way to better secure the battery.

pluffy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,968
Message 36 of 52

i had the same issue of the amber lights coming on and but the screen wouldnt start up. I tried holding onto the start button for over 2 minutes but it also wouldnt start. 

Brought the laptop down to the lenovo service center and turns out to be the charging cable wire was the main cause. 

Apparently the service center guy said alot of people have the same issue as well and turned out to be just the cable issue. 

The original replacement charging cable was SGD$89 + taxes turns out to be almost a $100. 

The cable is a lil odd shaped and the connection to the lap top was "shakey" hence leaving it overnight to charge didnt help at all and the lap top just didnt have enough battery to start up. 

Problem if it wasnt just the cable then the service charges might be more. for a diagnostic test to see what went wrong itself was S$50. that not inclusive of repairs. 

Luckily the counter guy just tried switching cables around and found out it was just a external issue. 

Not sure if its possible to find a aftermarket charging cable for the laptop though. might be cheaper. 

Menner
Paper Tape
Views: 1,952
Message 37 of 52

I also had problems with the original power supply. Sometimes it charged, sometimes it did not. So I bought a new one (that happened to have an older manufacturing date than the original one). What i found out is: the original power supply does not charge when battery charge is low. It is charging fine, however, when battery charge is medium or higher.

efremmc2
What's DOS?
Views: 1,670
Message 38 of 52

Re: Yoga 900 -- won't turn on

Yes, this worked. I was going to perform this plus you can insert and remove the AC adapter plug about 8-10 times slowly, it will reset the system and start charging again. I performed this with power charging tools.
mrosas22
Paper Tape
Views: 1,368
Message 39 of 52

I have experienced the same exact Issue and it was solved as explained here by holding the power button for 1 minute and then turn the computer back again and it worked. I work as a System Admin, and  this issue has happened twice to the same compuwareer. It first happened to one of the user, I was able to get it back to work after following the instructions, but after a while, it happened again but this time to me. I initially though this was related to a overheating issue which could have been caused by bad use from my user but after the second time, I am 100% sure this is a hardware related issue. I can't handle this computer to any other user until I have properly fix this.

I don't understand why some people in this community says that this is not a common issue. I am hoping to get some light of how to fix this for good. 

mrosas22
Paper Tape
Views: 1,367
Message 40 of 52

I hope this issue was replaced by changing the charging cable and won't happen again. I had the same issue and I bought a new cable but the issue is persistent. I was able to fix it by holding the power button for over a minute but unfortunately, the issue reappear after a while. I still trust Lenovo for their laptops but stay away from the Yoga models, at least until they fix this issue.

My other reccomendation is to maintain daily backups in case the issue reappears.

Good luck

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors