Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nirajmotwani
What's DOS?
Views: 1,405
Message 41 of 52

Re: Yoga 900 -- won't turn on (SOLVED)

Hi,

I ran into the same issue where the laptop was just plain DEAD!! I read up online about keeping the power button pressed for a minute or so but that did not help either. However, the solution to reset the battery worked. I opening up the laptop and disconnected and reconnected the cables that connect the battery to the main board. IT WORKED!!! I hope this helps others as well.

-Niraj

dmp1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,309
Message 42 of 52

Re: Yoga 900 -- won't turn on

i made an account just to say thanks, this worked for me!

zwonko
What's DOS?
Views: 1,191
Message 43 of 52

Me ether created the accound just to say Thanks for solution. For me pressing power button didn't help, but taking apart case, unplugg battery cord, hold power button, reconect battery worked like a charm.

semoon47
What's DOS?
Views: 1,117
Message 44 of 52

Same issue.   The problem existed for the 1 year while i owned the laptop, but after 17 months (warranty expired at 12 months) it wouldnt power on at all.

I tried

1) Hold the Power button for 1 minutes, then press it again - this worked once.

2) Turning off fast boot - this didnt change anything

3) filing a comlaint with Lenovo - still waiting for a reply.

4) Buying a set of Torx drivers, removing case & battery, unpluggin the battery.  Plugging it back in - THIS WORKS !!

5) Now i'm trying to find a more practical solution as breaking out the Torz driver in meetings or on trains get a little too much attention.  This suck Lenovo !

Dragos3
What's DOS?
Views: 943
Message 45 of 52

Thank You tsftd !!!

I had the same problem. Laptop yoga 900 bought 2 years ago, mine was completle descharged, no charging , no led lightening, it was dead and all the other solutions were not working.

I was in the supermarket and bought a Torx 5 screwdriver, unplugged the battery after removing the case and voila!!! after plugging the batery back and the alimentation cord my laptop came back to life! Such a relief! I confirm the solution!!

Tank you again!!!

maddioz
What's DOS?
Views: 832
Message 46 of 52

Thanks. This helped me get mine going again.

trusadh
Punch Card
Views: 796
Message 47 of 52

A very useful thread!  My Yoga 900 is 2 years old and this hapened to me today.  Holding the power button in for one minute then it fortunately started up as normal.  Can someone from Lenovo please tell us what is going on here - what is the cause of this problem and what is happening?

lincons
What's DOS?
Views: 752
Message 48 of 52

i have exactly the same problem exept in my case it happens for the first time when coping files to the hard drive . i did the batry removal thing . it worked for a whil and turned off again. since then it stop working even i tried unpluging the battery it did not work but steal showes charge signal

Peribanu
Paper Tape
Views: 421
Message 49 of 52

Exactly the same symptoms here with a Yoga 900. Suddenly won't turn on. Removing the battery cable and re-inserting it allows it to turn on, until the the next time it turns off, when it won't start up again. This thread should NOT be marked as "solved". Lots of users are clearly having the same issue, and it looks very much like a hardware defect. Lenovo should respond.

Vachon
What's DOS?
Views: 113
Message 50 of 52

Me too. Thank you. Will not likely purchase another Lenovo 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors