Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Somnesis
Paper Tape
Views: 356
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 900S Screen?

Hi

Does anyone know what screen the Yoga 900S uses for its 1440p version and if it's any good? I'd like to know before placing an order.

I looked at a Yoga 900 in the store and saw that despite its QHD+ resolution, it was using this horrible Pentile RGBW display that looks like there's dithering everywhere. It was the first time I've come across a display like that and it really looked horrible! Smiley Sad I hope the 900S doesn't use that Pentile stuff?

Thanks!

Guru
Views: 316
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 900S Screen?

I had Yoga 3 pro with the 3200x1800 screen and now 900s with FHD screen. I definitely prefer the fhd screen. It's not about the subpixel arrangement but the fact you can use 100% scaling in Windows.

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
Guru
Views: 301
Message 3 of 5

Display should be comparable to this one:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Transformer-Book-T300-Chi-Convertible-Review.138153.0.html

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

ShertheLove
Punch Card
Views: 198
Message 4 of 5

Is there any first hand experience on how the QHD screen quality is? I'm curious about this as well. Unfortunately, there is nowhere to see these in person.

Somnesis
Paper Tape
Views: 193
Message 5 of 5

I got the unit. It's a pretty good screen. Not Pentile thankfully. Not the brightest screen in the world though if ever you're using it in a brighter environment :/

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors