Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robj77
What's DOS?
Views: 72
Message 1 of 1

Yoga 900S & Intel SA-00086

Hi,

Yesterday I tested my Yoga 900S with the Intel detection tool and it's come up as being affected by the Intel SA-00086 vulnerability.  I found this document which lists the status of Lenovo products with regard to the vunerability and there is no mention of my model so I contacted the support team and they were unable to provide any further information.  I then requested that they formally open a ticket, which they did.  Today, less than 12 hours after opening the ticket, it was closed with the following response "after your escalation was received and the case was thoroughly investigated, your request cannot be fulfilled".  No further information other than making sure to tell me that any response will be ignored.

Is this the best that Lenovo can do?  It's not like I was expecting an immediate fix but at least some formal recognition that they knew there was a problem and were working on it.  I could understand if this was a cheap laptop a few years old but this is a laptop that was quite expensive and is around 3 months out of warranty, I'm sure some are still in their warranty.  

Rob

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors