Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WarEagle41
What's DOS?
Views: 268
Message 1 of 8

Yoga 900s Not Charging

I have only had this new computer (Yoga 900s) for 4 days.  The battery is not charging.

When plugged in, the system tray icon says "Plugged In, Charging", but it is NOT charging.

Any suggestions?  I was excited about getting this computer.  However, my recent experiences with Lenovo have left me regretting my decision to make this purchase.

If I can't get this resolved ASAP I am going to have to return it and go with another more reliable brand.

Thanks for any help you can give.

SeniorGuru
Views: 234
Message 2 of 8

Re: Yoga 900s Not Charging

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear of the battery not charging issue.

Could you go into the Lenovo Settings app, click the battery icon on the left tool bar, then click Show Details. What does this show? Are there any Battery Status Messages?

What's DOS?
Views: 218
Message 3 of 8

Here is what is shows:

Condition:  Good

Remaining percentage:  64%

Remaining capacity:  34.39 wh

full charge capacity:  54.19 wh

Voltage:  7.88V

Temp:  26 C

Cycle Count:  1

Manufacture Name:  Simplo

Manufacture Date:  2/25/2016

Firmware Version:  0005014901000007

The status message is "The Battery is in Good Condition".

Do you need anything else?

Guru
Views: 205
Message 4 of 8

Did you make sure that you have "conservative mode" off on your Yoga? This feature, when turned on- makes the battery sit at around 60% if you keep the charger plugged in all the time. 

conservative mode forums 31.PNG

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

SeniorGuru
Views: 203
Message 5 of 8

@WarEagle41 wrote:

Here is what is shows:

It looks like there's something wrong with the charging circuitry. Unfortunately you'll have to contact Lenovo and probably send in the Y900s for repair/replacement.

What's DOS?
Views: 198
Message 6 of 8

Any idea how to do that?  I posted in this forum because I have not been able to find any contact information for them. 

Guru
Views: 194
Message 7 of 8

Visit http://support.lenovo.com for live chat support options. Visit http://www.lenovo.com/contact for callback options. Or call them directly at 877-453-6686

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

SeniorGuru
Views: 191
Message 8 of 8

@EricX wrote:

Did you make sure that you have "conservative mode" off on your Yoga? This feature, when turned on- makes the battery sit at around 60% if you keep the charger plugged in all the time. 

FWIW I have Conservation Mode enabled on my Y900s. The Status shows "No activity" rather than the OP's "Charging" (or presumably "Discharging" when not connected to AC.)

That's why I suspect charging circuitry. 

Nevertheless it's a good idea to confirm whether Conservation Mode is on or off.