Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xenn_33
Paper Tape
Views: 690
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 900s discontinued?

I had wanted to buy 900s because of it's exceptional weight and pen capabilities but several days ago noticed that Lenovo US site says 'The model is no longer available' without any explanation.

It's really surprising because the model has been on the market only just a year.

Is that a sign that Lenovo has discontinued the 900s and it's leaving the market?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 668
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 900s discontinued?

That is the reality in the computer business.   The 900 series (6th gen processors) was replaced by the 910 series (7th gen processors).  Already, Intel is starting to make 8th gen (coffee lake) so the 910 will become the 920.  Even now, there are fewer customization options on the Yoga 910.  Intel processors tend to be announced in the 4th quarter - in time for Christmas.  You might look at a Yoga 720

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
xenn_33
Paper Tape
Views: 655
Message 3 of 4

Sad news... I was having hard times choosing 2-in-1 and untimately decided to buy 900s because of its ultimate weight 999 grams as opposed to my current Vaio Pro which is 1050 grams. 

Cannot accept 720 as replacement because even its 13' model is 1.3 kg which is just a mainstream category, heavier than my current vaio...

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 649
Message 4 of 4

When the remainder of next year's offerings are announced, you may find one that is suitable.  I would expect that would be soon, but I have no inside knowledge.

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Top Kudoed Authors