10-04-2019

SG

6 Signins

124 Page Views

• Views: 124
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 910-131KB 80VF Screen Flicker Issues

2019-11-18, 16:37 PM

I recently got my laptop repaired due to an issue with motherboard.

It was fine for a month. Now I have a new issue.

The screen flickers.

Updated display driver.

Tried installing fresh drivers.

Reset Windows

When I watch a movie or photos, the screen hangs. Blue screen. I have a water mark of the last seen photo on my screen upon restart.

I will once again take it to the service center.

I am frustrated with this laptop now and I dont even get a good price if I intend to sell it.

Such a waste of my money :(

Options

1 Posts

11-18-2019

IN

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 910-131KB 80VF Screen Flicker Issues

2019-11-18, 17:06 PM

Hi, I have the same problem with my Yoga 730. I bought it in October 2018, from Chicago. After a few months, the touch screen stopped working. I didn't have time so I waited and got it fixed only last month, before the expiry of the warranty. It was covered under warranty. The warranty expired on 25th October, and I got it fixed on 8th October. After a month, on 15th of November, the screen started flickering. The brightness was going up and down on its own. I took it to the service center the same day, they kept the laptop and today on 18th, they sent me a mailing quoting the price of 8500 for repairing of cable. The person who took my laptop in the service center explained that since the screen rotates, the cable might have a problem, and that what it was, the cable had a problem!

Of course, I did my research on it and turns out that there are many consumers like me who are facing problems like this. Because I am a student/researcher and I have traded off with Macbook to buy this model of Lenevo, I am highly disappointed. I have two basic points to state, one being that you have engineered a high-end product, where consumers are facing similar problems so much so that it has now become a pattern, yet your brand is taking no responsibility for it. If you cannot come up with better products just don't even try but don't make fool out of consumers. Secondly, since it hasn't even been a year that I have made two trips to the service center, it gets unacceptable as it can get when you send me quoting this high amount of repairing charges

Hope you can either take some action against this or just stop selling such problematic products to consumers. 

Options

10 Posts

10-04-2019

SG

6 Signins

124 Page Views

• Views: 124
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 910-131KB 80VF Screen Flicker Issues

2019-11-18, 17:09 PM

Atlast, someone to share my frustration.

I live in Singapore and strangely every trip to service center costs me 2 to 4 weeks.

They have the most lethargic service team.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete