Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob_Johnston
Fanfold Paper
Views: 510
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 910 13IKB 80VF turns of external screen when I move away

My Yoga 910 turns off the external screen - not when I do anything at all - but when sitting in front of it with external screen. When I leave the desk - then it turns itself off - or rather turns the external screen off. It is sooo weird - I do not TOUCH ANYTHING - just by myself standing up and walk away. It does not happen every time - more like in periods - some days it days - everytime I go away. Other days it just behave normally.

This happens when i use my Yoga as a desktop with external screen, external mouse and external keyboard and only using external screen.

Bob Johnston

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 500
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 910 13IKB 80VF turns of external screen when I move away

Might help to know the make and model of the "external screen" and how it's all connected. Makes and models of adapters, etc.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Bob_Johnston
Fanfold Paper
Views: 467
Message 3 of 6

Dell Screen E228WFP connected via Goobay (Art nr 662739)  adapter USB-c MULTIPORT ADAPTER

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 429
Message 4 of 6

Could  the difference be using the system on battery or with AC power?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Bob_Johnston
Fanfold Paper
Views: 416
Message 5 of 6

I am always on AC when using external screen

studio1057
What's DOS?
Views: 96
Message 6 of 6

There is one solution that worked for me with basically any computer: caffeine. Caffeine is a tiny program that keeps your computer from going to sleep or locking you through inactivity. Of course I recommedn you use it only if you are able to keep your computer safe, as in at home, or when you know you will not leave it unattended. That said, here is one link: http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/caffeine/index.html

If this does not work you can find it on the Net in many places. I also wrote a small batch file with it that allows setting of how many seconds between signals. If you need that email me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors