Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alek77
Paper Tape
Views: 2,654
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 910-13IKB Laptop firmware 1.39.00.00 neverending restart message

After updating brand new Yoga 910 with WIndows updates, AND firmware 1.39.00.00 Windows asks to restart this one every time. Even it installed several other times the same update, it keeps on telling me it has to restart to finish.

Then once it restarts, says during the boot below the Lenovo image - system updating, but it never updates it. And then again in Windows asks for restart, ,... just a vicious loop!

How can I remove this firmware update for good?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,601
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 910-13IKB Laptop firmware 1.39.00.00 neverending restart message

This is a Windows 10 problem and it affects a lot of people. Here's the solve copied from Microsoft:

It seems that you are stuck at automatic repair loop. So, you need to perform automatic repair from an installation media and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Create ISO for Windows 10

You may also refer to the article mentioned below to for downloading Windows 10 on your computer.

Download Windows 10

Step 2: Perform an Automatic repair

The Automatic repair can detect and fix the issues that prevent the computer from working normally. After you have a Windows 10 installation disc/USB, follow these steps: 

1. When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.
  2. The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
  3. Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM (in case you create DVD). Select USB in case you create USB.
  4. After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen      appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
  5. Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
  6. Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
  7. Click on Troubleshootingadvanced option and then click Startup Repair

Step 3

If automatic repair doesn’t help to repair the startup files, you may try to repair them using these commands through Command Prompt under Advance Options. 

Refer to the steps:

a) After you boot your computer using Windows 8 DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
b) Select the correct time and Keyboard type. 
c) Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
d) Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.
e) Click Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.

f) Click on command Prompt.

g) Type these following commands and hit enter after each line of command:

Bootrec /fixmbr

Bootrec /fixboot

Bootrec /scanos

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Alek77
Paper Tape
Views: 2,586
Message 3 of 4

What I did, after checking on some videos - I disabled Windows to automatically update the drivers. Then I went to device manager and uninstalled and deleted all software related to Lenovo firmware. Therefore Windows rolled back to default system firmware. After rebooting, restart message disappeared. I will recommend to all to disable W10 drivers updates. Leave that to manufacturers!

Alek77
Paper Tape
Views: 2,529
Message 4 of 4

This annoying Lenovo firmware on my computer resurrected and it is trying to restart computer every time. So there is definitely something wrong in W10 with this one, and I looked after and found this article

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-rei...

So this Windows tools enables you to mark a problematic update and block it until new version is released. It removed the message regarding update, so I really hope that next firmware won't be such a bug.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors