Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aleksanderFR
What's DOS?
Views: 429
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 910-13IKB Laptop (ideapad) getting hot after recent Windows 10 update

Hi,

after recent Windows 10 update (last Sunday) my Yoga is getting hot and the ventilator never stops. This is annoying as noisy and draining the battery.

Anyone else is experiencing same?

Aleksander

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 399
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 910-13IKB Laptop (ideapad) getting hot after recent Windows 10 update

Is your BIOS current?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 383
Message 3 of 4

Open task manager and see if a particular process is using a large percentage of CPU. If you see a strange entry "TODO" or similar, select details to see what the underlying process is.

I had a similar experience at about the same time.  The culprit was the Qualcomm Atheros LAN installer.  This has been an issue before with the 910 and it may be that the update is pushing that software again.

It may also be something else entirely...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

aleksanderFR
What's DOS?
Views: 374
Message 4 of 4

BIOS is updated to latest

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors