Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 1,123
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 910-13IKB: No HDD on Windows 10 install

Hi.

I'm trying to install Windows 10 from an USB flash drive on a Yoga 910-13IKB. I plan to do a clean install from scratch.

When I boot the USB flash drive the procedure to install Windows 10 goes normally until I have to select the HDD. It does not find any HDD drive. I guess I need to load some special driver for the solid HDD to be recognized.

Is there an special driver or trick to be able to see the HDD ?

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,116
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 910-13IKB: No HDD on Windows 10 install

Hi Martin,

That SSD runs in RAID mode so you need the iRST driver.

Download the f6flpy-x64.zip file linked on the left of the below page.  Extract it to a folder on your Win 10 install flash drive.  When you get to the "missing drive" part of the install process select Add Driver and browse to that folder.  That should get you going.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27400/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interf...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Guru
Views: 1,105
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Zoltan. I will check that out.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton

Guru
Views: 1,086
Message 4 of 6

Hi Zoltan.

It seems I can not just uncompress the file. It runs and tells me that the driver can not be installed on this machine (a different one from the Yoga 910), I'm stuck there.

Which are exactly the files that I need to put on the Flash drive ?

By the way, the source of my problem is that I'm getting this video / system freeze error, even before making a full Windows 10 refresh. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/svIL9TcEwSQTKhXf1

If I go to "Safe Mode" the error dissapear but I'm not sure what could it be the problem so I can return to normal mode.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,083
Message 5 of 6

Hmmm,

The zip file I was trying to send you to is not to be executed.  Let me try again...

Go here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27400/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interf...

Download the f6flpy-x64.zip file linked on the left:

iRST F6 Zip File.PNG

Create a folder on your install flash drive - or a separate flash drive if you want the drivers on separate media - call it what you like.  Maybe iRST... Use Windows 10 Explorer or the unarchiving tool of your choice (I like 7zip) to extract the zip contents to that folder.  Contents are like this:

iRST Files.PNG

Run your Win 10 install and browse to that folder with "load driver" when you get to that option in the install process.  IIRC it is in the same place that you _don't_ see the target drive.

Does that work?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

dalsystem
What's DOS?
Views: 911
Message 6 of 6

hola Zoltan, tengo el mismo problema en una yoga 910, compré un ssd adata sx7000 np para realizar instalación limpia.

Seguí todos los pasos que le indicaste a Martin, me muestra todos los controladores pero no funciona con ninguno, me podrás ayudar???

gracias

Diego

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors