OriginalDan
Paper Tape
Views: 438
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 910-13IKB power on issue [video included]

Part Number: 80VF005CAU

(SN:241746-79) (241746-79)

Hello so firstly i got said laptop from a quality failed auction

with the note "NOTE: Unit has no power; No Operating System installed; No AC Adapter included"

from a lot of 6others with the same description

anyway i bought an AC adapter for it, charged up just fine, power on, fans spin up but no display quickly turns off.

Tried methods mentioned online such as holding power for 10seconds then quick press power which Does make stay on for a tad longer before turning off again. (also tried same method reset button and for a full minute instead of 10seconds)

Took the battery out noticed a loose screw under the battery screwed that in, same trick, same result.

checked connections all appear fine not entirely sure where to go from here.

In the video 0:02 quick press on, 0:14 is a 10second hold power button i noticed the right fan is on briefly then off for the rest of said boot unsure if that's regular. 0:25 quick press. might notice the last one takes about 15seconds to start booting up and stays on longer than other boots.

Each of these tests i get nothing on the display.

I 'May' attempt to the take the monitor off to check its connection if nobody else has any suggestions.

Thanks for your time.

other specs:

• Intel Core i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2 Core(s)
  • 8GB RAM
  • 256GB SSD Hard Drive
  • 13.9-inch FHD (1920×1080) Screen, Touchscreen Enabled
  • QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter, Wireless
  • Intel, HD Graphics 620
  • Intel, Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio
  • Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
  • Webcam
  • Fingerprint Scanner
  • USB Port (1), USB Type-C Port (2)
OriginalDan
Paper Tape
Views: 386
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 910-13IKB power on issue [video included]

Update still not working but: removed m.2 & wifi, did the regular boot, 10second+quick boot with the power button and reset, still the same.
disconnected the finger print reader and touchpad ribbon cables still the same. as with disconnecting the speaker connections
Attempted to remove the motherboard but 1 primary screw was partly stripped so mine made it worse meaning i can't remove the motherboard.
still removed and reconnected any cables leading to it, same boot.

In summery i got it down to just the mobo with two IO parts but can't take the mobo out [example not mine]

the right IO needed for wall power the left for power button.
No idea if theres anyway i can get it to boot without the Left IO board.

So ill have to pop down to a hardware shop to find something that will help take out the stripped screw so i can actually remove the motherboard Then final attempt at testing components 1by1
Guessing if it still doesn't work then it's most likely the motherboard
i dunno if i should look at getting a multi meter and learn how to test different parts might not be worth the hassle

King-GTR
What's DOS?
Views: 167
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 910-13IKB power on issue [video included]

did you find any Replacements or anything like that did you solve the problems I have the same problem and I went to my local repair shop and they're the saying that they have to replace a motherboard and I don't want to replace it because they're going to try me about $700

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors