cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frenchfries1
Paper Tape
Views: 186
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 910 2 questions: Fast Charge and Conservation Mode.

1) Why is there no Fast Charge option, I really liked this option in my Yoga Pro 2

2) Why is it slow when on "Conservation Mode".  If below 60% it will charge ok then stop (as it should) but if already above 60% and then you enter 'Conservation Mode' it slows down a lot until it gets to 60% which is annoying.

I use Lenovo Vantage tool.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 160
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 910 2 questions: Fast Charge and Conservation Mode.

I don't know why there's no Fast Charging option, but given the thinness of the computer, I'd guess heat has something to do with that. Standard charging already adds to the heat that's difficult to dissipate in super-thin computers. That's just a guess, though.

As for Conservation Mode, are you saying the computer runs slow until the battery drops to 60%? 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Frenchfries1
Paper Tape
Views: 157
Message 3 of 7

Hello and thank you for clarification on the Fast Charge question.
Regarding Conservation Mode yes, it does run slowly until it reaches 60%. Once at 60% speed gets back to normal.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 154
Message 4 of 7

Just tested on my 920 and everything appears to run with "plugged in" settings as it drains down from 100% to 60%. Both the Vantage battery indicator and Windows battery gauge show "plugged in, not charging" during this time. My thought is that your computer is reverting to battery settings during the drain-down. I'm not sure if uninstalling and reinstalling Vantage would solve that, but it's worth a try. 

I'm also assuming you have the latest BIOS and drivers for your 910.  If not, use the reinstalled Vantage to do that. 

Frenchfries1
Paper Tape
Views: 144
Message 5 of 7

Latest Bios is installed (just reinstalled Vantage) but I have a feather symbol when on Conservation Mode. I cannot find any setting in Battery Mode that would slow things down.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 121
Message 6 of 7

Windows Key > Settings (gear icon) > System > Power and Sleep > Additional Power Settings > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > expand "Processor Power Management" > expand "Maximum Processor State" and check the settings for "on battery." I keep mine at 100 percent unless I'm planning for a long plane ride in coach. Smiley Happy

Though everything SHOULD run on AC Power settings as it drains down to 60%.  (The leaf icon is normal)

I will have to retest with my 910.

On the plus side, it's not something you're going to frequently encounter. If you're like me, turning off Conservation Mode means you're planning to run on battery for a while. 

Another workaround is to run on battery until you're down to 20%, then enable CM and plug it in.

Frenchfries1
Paper Tape
Views: 116
Message 7 of 7

The settings you list are already there. However, the workaround to run on battery until 20% or even higher as long as it is below 60% is working. I will use that.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors