Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lockye
Paper Tape
Views: 3,318
Message 1 of 15

Yoga 910 80VF Touchpad

This PC was working great until the last windows update was automatically downloaded (ver 1083). Now my touchpad won’t work.

Under the device manager I have an exclamation mark by one of the  I2C HID device's. I am also not seeing a touchpad option in devices, all I see is a mouse one.

I have downloaded all the recent driver updates from Lenovo but that did not help.

I have also tried resetting windows but again, that did not help.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,249
Message 2 of 15

Re: Yoga 910 80VF Touchpad

No, I haven't had the problem with 1803, but the Windows Anniversary Update wrecked enough things it took weeks to fix. I still have some DCOM errors I've just given up on .

One thing to do is download Lenovo Vantage from the Windows Store and let it update ALL of your drivers, especially the BIOS. There's a chipset driver that's also necessary for recent "versions" of Windows 10.

I take it you don't see "HID Compliant Touchpad" under Human Interface Devices in Device Manager?

If you still see a yellow mark after updating the chipset drivers, uninstall the device in question and reboot windows. Let us know. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Lockye
Paper Tape
Views: 3,241
Message 3 of 15

Thanks for replying.

Everything is updated but I still have the same problem.

This is what I have listed under Human Interface Devices.

GPIO Laptop or Slate Indicator Driver

HID-compliant touch screen

HID-compliant vendor-defined device

HID-compliant vendor-defined device

HID-compliant wireless radio controls

I2C HID Device

I2C HID Device (with the !)

I2C HID Device

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,235
Message 4 of 15

Right click on the one with the ! and select "remove device," then reboot.

Lockye
Paper Tape
Views: 3,230
Message 5 of 15

Already have, it just comes back.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,211
Message 6 of 15

Silly suggestion.. but Windows didn't accidentally shut off the touchpad in Settings, did it?  Is the slider on?

The 910 doesn't use vendor drivers for the touchpad. AIUI, they're integrated into Win10. Unless someone else has a better suggestion, my next step would be to back everything up, then try either a System Restore to a point where it was working, uninstall 1803 and let it take the update again.. or reset the whole thing to out-of-the-box and start over.

Might also help to go through your Event Viewer > Microsoft > System for some clues. 

Sorry I can't be of more help.  

Lockye
Paper Tape
Views: 3,205
Message 7 of 15

There is no touchpad option in settings, just a mouse one.

I tried to do a system restore but It would only let me go back to just after the 1803 was updated.

There is no way to reset it out of the box, when I reset it from the boot up options it resets and loads 1803.

This computer is just over a year old, so it’s just out of warranty. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,190
Message 8 of 15

I'm grasping at straws, now.  First, back up the thing should anything go sideways. 

The other ideas I have: 1) take apart the computer and check the seating of the ribbon cable leading from the touchpad to the motherboard. Observe all precautions when working inside the computer. 2) Force a driver replacement: Use bullet point 3 from this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027866/windows-fix-touchpad-problems-in-windows-10

It's the fact it doesn't say "touchpad" next to the HID Device entry that has the ! mark that has me perplexed. When you right-click it, what do you get? Driver? Version? Anything in the properties box to indicate it's a touchpad driver?

Wish I had the magic bullet for this..

Lockye
Paper Tape
Views: 3,155
Message 9 of 15

The ribbon cable needed to be reseated.

Thanks

deback
Paper Tape
Views: 2,897
Message 10 of 15

To: DoctorDon

This was the solution to my problem with the touchpad on my Lenovo Yoga 700 laptop.  I removed the device with the question mark in the Device Manager, restarted the computer, and now, the touchpad always works, even after the laptop goes to sleep.  I found this solution in another forum, but came here to post what worked for me and found your post.  Thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors