09-20-2019 06:43 PM
My Yoga 910 performed a Windows 10 update yesterday afternoon and soon after, my left and right touchpad buttons wouldn't register. I was able to mover the curser by gliding my finger across the touchpad surface, but couldn't click to activate anything. I did a bunch of things:
1) Deleted and suposedly reinstalled the touchpad driver (although when I try to identify the driver in Device Manager, I cant find any concrete information--just an assurance that the most up to date driver is installed.) When I open "Human Interface Devices" I DO NOT see and "!" after "HIP Compliant Touchpad". Further, when I open "Mice and other pointing devices", there is no mention of "touchpad".
2) Confirmed that touchpad is "enabled".
3) Using Lenovo Advantage and Bridgelink, I confirmed that all drivers are current.
4) Did a system restore to the day before the Windows 10 update.
5) Reinstalled the most recent version of Windows 10.
6) Chatted with Microsoft tech support, but they weren't able to help.
7) Spoke to a trusted IT person who told me that this exact thing happened to his wive's computer following a Windows update and that he thinks the glitch is on the Microsoft side.
Nothing restored touchpad function. From reading the boards, I understand that there aren't any touchpad drivers from independent vendors available to download because they are suposed to be embedded in Windows 10. My keyboard works just fine. I am now using a wireless mouse to get around--but I miss my touchpad. I would be grateful for any other suggestions. As you can tell, I am not a computer genius, so please explain things in simple terms.
10-03-2019 05:53 PM
Hi PamDietz! The newer Lenovo models has the Windows precision driver. May we know what is the current Windows 10 version running on your system? Have you tried downgrading the update? Let us know.
10-03-2019 06:33 PM - last edited on 10-03-2019 08:50 PM by zoltanthegypsy
Hello! Thank you for trying to help me. I am currently running:
Windows 10 Home
OS Build 17763.737
Serial # ********
I did not try installing an older version.
Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse. MT-M is 80VF00FQUS
10-04-2019 08:08 PM
Hi! I am running Windows 10 Home, Version 1809, installed 3/22/19, OS build 17763.737. I have not attempted to install a much older version of Windows 10.