Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SlvrDragon50
Paper Tape
Views: 2,076
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 910 BIOS Update Killed OS, Can't boot or repair

I tried installing the recent BIOS update from 1/27, and my laptop has died for the second time. It is unable to repair or boot properly.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-910-13ikb/downloads/d...

Anyone else having this issue? It is incredibly frustrating to lose my data because of a BIOS update.

edit: Resolved. The BIOS update changed my SATA controller profile to RST causing it to not work. Changing it to AHCI fixed the issue.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,008
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 910 BIOS Update Killed OS, Can't boot or repair

Adding a reply so it can be flagged as solved.  Actual solution in post above.

Hopefully the solved flag will increase visibility for others who encounter this.

Kudos to the OP for posting the fix.

regards,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

silent3rror
Punch Card
Views: 1,928
Message 3 of 4

Did you install windows in AHCI?? Because stock it comes installed in RST
SlvrDragon50
Paper Tape
Views: 1,900
Message 4 of 4

Dunno. My dad has a Yoga 910 as well, and Windows Update resulted in the same error as me. He had to go into BIOS and change it back to AHCI for the laptop to boot properly. Luckily I knew about this before he reinstalled the OS.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors