Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

52 Posts

02-15-2017

United States of America

115 Signins

902 Page Views

• Views: 902
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 910 Bios 2JCN27WW fix for loud fan noise

2017-03-20, 21:50 PM

Apparently I found another version of the bios which 2JCN27WW. I think this is the original bios for lenovo yoga 910. I have installed 27W and it seems really quite than 28W, 34W an 35W. When the computer wakes up from sleep or when I turn it on the fans dont turn and run fast. See if it helps you. Also the laptop doesnt get hot as much and stays running cooler and much quieter and the fans dont get loud at all vs 28W. Please test this bios version like you did the rest as it would be helpful to know. After two days of usage, I can honestly say the computer laptop has never been quiter and ran so smooth. Everything runs much smoother due to the fans being off and the only browser I use id google chrome and the fans are still off. https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/2jcn27ww.exe

Options

13 Posts

03-24-2017

Sweden

72 Signins

343 Page Views

• Views: 343
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 910 Bios 2JCN27WW fix for loud fan noise

2017-03-24, 20:50 PM

I tried this BIOS and it bricked my computer. I have tried  everything, pressing the power button for 45 seconds and then pressing it again to power on the pc, removing the battery and I also tried the novo button but nothing works. The only thing that happens when I power on the pc is that the backlight on the keyboard lights up for two seconds and then nothing. The power led stays on and so does the charging led when the charger is connected. 

I called Lenovo support and they told me to send them the computer for repair. It's only a month old. It's the 16Gb, 1 Tb glass lid model. 

Anybody with a similar experience? I know that a BIOS update might brick a device but it's the first time I have experienced it.

Options

52 Posts

02-15-2017

United States of America

115 Signins

902 Page Views

• Views: 902
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 910 Bios 2JCN27WW fix for loud fan noise

2017-03-24, 20:55 PM

I did the bios downgrade on my computer and it went smooth with no problems. Dont know how this could've happened to your laptop. But sorry to hear it did.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms