Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaulian
Blue Screen Again
Views: 49,984
Message 1 of 16

Yoga 910 - Blinking charging led light

Hi all,

A Couple of days ago I charged my Yoga 910 and observed a strange behavior.

The led just below the charging jack blanked each few seconds (attached zip has a movie inside it).

I checked the cable for possible lose connection or semi-plugged socket - but everything was in place and tighten.

Any idea what that could be?

Thanks,

Shauli

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 49,900
Message 2 of 16

Re: Yoga 910 - Blinking charging led light

Hi Shaulian,

Welcome to the Community, nice to have you here.

This would indicate that the system is sleeping, as per the system Hardware Maintenace Manual.

LED Indicator.JPG

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Miini
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 49,077
Message 3 of 16

I have my charger plugged in on my Lenovo Yoga 910 and the white charging light keeps blinking and the battery level gets lower. I thought there was a problem with the charger, so bought a new. The laptop was switched off three days. And charging started normal with the new charger, although after three days the old charger also seemed to charge as usual. After 5 days the blinking started again, and battery is not charging. Is there a fix for this, or is this caused by  a faulty battery?

alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 49,042
Message 4 of 16

While it's plugged in, blinking white means that it's between 20 and 80% charge. Once it gets above 80 the light will go solid.
It's just a way for you to know if the charge is below 20 (blinking amber) or above 80 (solid white) and is perfectly normal.
Miini
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 48,978
Message 5 of 16

Perhaps I should have clarified that the light is blinking and so is the charging symbol in the screen - it goes on and off every second and the laptop is not getting any electricity to charge, so the battery level drops, even if if plugged in. I was told from Lenovo call service that it's probably probably a battery related issue.

Miini
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 48,646
Message 6 of 16

I finally sent my laptop to be fixed as the battery ran out and did not charge. Not quite sure what was done to repair it, but now there seems to be another issue. I have the laptop plugged in. there is 94% of battery BUT it is not getting charged over 94%. The led light and battery symbol is white and blinking again (according to the picutre above it should be solid at 94%).  Any ideas what might be going on here? I waited a month to receive this laptop back from being serviced, and am getting anxious as am not sure if it is reliable to take on a business trip. Can't afford another time when i'm left with a laptop with no battery. 

Estlin
Paper Tape
Views: 48,187
Message 7 of 16

I have the same problem. My charger, when plugged in, causes the white power light to flash on and off. The charging symbol on the screen also flashes intermittently before not flashing at all (and the battery therefore draining). Moreover, I can hear a ringing sound from the charger block that goes on and off with every flash of the power light. It makes me think that the problem is the charger. Was it confirmed that the battery, not the charger, was the issue? If that's the case, then that is bad. I live in the Horn of Africa and there is nowhere that I can take my 910 to be repaired. I can't even find a replacement charger.

Miini
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 48,156
Message 8 of 16

Unfortunately getting this issue fixed was a way more complicated than it should have. Lenovo's warranty service supplier had just sent me a new charger, changed the port and ran BIOs. Apparently it had been a human error that they had not changed the faulty battery. I ended up sending my laptop elsewhere for the battery change as I did not trust the Lenovo's partner in Spain (Visonic).
JJE-65
Paper Tape
Views: 48,061
Message 9 of 16

I had the same issue with my 4 month old Yoga 910. Although plugged in the battery indicator would oscillate between showing and not showing the plug about a beat a second and the charging light would blink at the same cadence. The battery would drain to <2% - the blinking light would go from white to amber - and the unit would auto-shutdown. Once the battery completely drained, if I left it plugged in, it occassionally would recharge to 100% only to repeat the scenario. I have two power adapters and neither changed the outcome. I sent the unit in for warranty repair in late May, got it back mid June and by June 30th the problem returned. On top of that, the cycling has reduced the battery's life; at 100%, it shows a liitle over 3 hours remaining. The unit is now back at the warranty service center. Even before it arrived, Lenovo posted the rote message that despite efforts, they were out of the part my unit needed.  I'll let you know the outcome.

KristyT
Paper Tape
Views: 47,132
Message 10 of 16

Any updates on the issue you had? Seems as much as they cost we would get better and faster service. It's beginning to seem like a major recall is needed instead of taking so long to  repair these we should get better service through replacement and/or faster service wo stock issues.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors