cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emilyoon
Paper Tape
Views: 588
Message 1 of 3

'Yoga 910' (Fan noise & '2', 'W', 'S', and 'X' keys problem)

I recently bought Yoga 910. I think there would be some problems in 'Yoga 910'.

I'd like to ask you 2 questions.

1. Is it OK(normal) in this situation the fan of my Lenovo laptop(Yoga 910) sounds loudly in working such as running programs, setting programs, and so on?

It looks like noise of Fan.

I'm worried about sound of the fan loudly.

Let me know your opinion.

2. I found out one problem that '2','W','S', and 'X' keys of my laptop(Yoga 910) keyboard don't work depending on situation.

Do you know the situation?

Do you have solution? Have you had kinds of experiences about that situation?

Let me know your thought.

Thanks,

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 498
Message 2 of 3

Re: 'Yoga 910' (Fan noise & '2', 'W', 'S', and 'X' keys problem)

There are several threads already going on the fan noise issue and the solve for that. This one, for example, discusses the BIOS update and how to remove the Qualcomm WLAN Installation program that's probably causing your problem.

As those keys are all on the same diagonal, I'd suspect a bad keyboard or a bad connection from the keyboard to the motherboard. In either case, it's probably easier to just swap the whole computer than dig around inside to check. I usually that kind of surgery until after the warranty expires. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
emilyoon
Paper Tape
Views: 469
Message 3 of 3

Re: 'Yoga 910' (Fan noise & '2', 'W', 'S', and 'X' keys problem)

Thanks,
I appreciate your interesting.

As for the first problem, after I followed your advice which was 'BIOS update' and 'removing the Qualcomm WLAN', it was OK(better). Thanks for your advice.

I'd like to ask the second question more and more.
To say in detail, there are 2 cases about keys problem after booting.
The first case is
The keys('2','W','S', and, 'X') don't work first. Suddenly, those work. And then those are continually working without problem. You know what I’m saying?!

The other case is
Those are working without problem. I hope the second case is continually in my laptop.

Also, there is one more problem.
When I pushed both the left shift key & one alphabet key to use capital letter, I could get capital letter.
But, if I pushed both the right shift key & one alphabet key, I couldn't get capital letter. Do you know why it happened?

So, I'm confusing whether I have to repair my laptop with warranty, change another new one, or solve it  as setting program(software).
Let me know your opinion.

Thanks,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors