Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 640
Message 11 of 14

Re: Yoga 910 Freezes

I have the same i7 910 as you. Only difference is Office 2013. Never saw a reason to upgrade that. I might put 365 on my 920, though, as I'm out of licenses for Office 2013 Smiley Happy. Currently, I'm using OpenOffice and GoogleDocs on that machine.

Might also check any third-party security product you have. If it's insisting on scanning files before Office opens them, that could also explain the delay. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
jpruitt220
What's DOS?
Views: 449
Message 12 of 14

Hi- were you ever able to get a resolution on this?  I am experiencing similar issues and it is driving me insane.  My laptop is only about 4 months old and should not be struggling with system functions.  

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 433
Message 13 of 14

@jpruitt220 wrote:

Hi- were you ever able to get a resolution on this?  I am experiencing similar issues and it is driving me insane.  My laptop is only about 4 months old and should not be struggling with system functions.  

Are you experiencing something different than what's detailed upthread? Because those solutions seem to work for users. I'm typing this on a 910 that only hangs when Office has to access documents from another computer on my network. 4k videos stutter on Chrome, but work fine with Edge. 

If you have McAfee installed and it's insisting on scanning files before you open them, that'll cause delays as well. I don't have McAfee at all.

Might also help to look in your Event Viewer > Microsoft > System for errors. I remember the WIndows Anniversary Update wrecked a lot of registry permissions which took me hours to fix. But my 910 runs perfectly well, otherwise.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
blindguyinanorg
Paper Tape
Views: 379
Message 14 of 14

So DPTF lets windows throttle the cpu.  You can change the setting in Win10 to how much you want to let it throttle.  Mine was set to 5% and I could definately feel it lock down.  Just upped it to 95%.  

Open the start menu and type "edit power plan", click "change advanced power options" scroll to "processor power management", expand and then expand "minimum processor state". 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors