Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
myronuecker
Paper Tape
Views: 473
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 910 Graphics not working in games, iTunes, etc.

Not long ago I was not having any issues playing games (the less graphics-intensive games) or watching videos via iTunes on my Yoga 910. However, that changed at some point. When I start a movie in iTunes, all I see is the desktop and a cursor that doesn't repaint. I can hear the sound playing in the background but no video. I have switched it to run in windowed mode and I just get a section of the desktop that doesn't ever paint.

If I click on one of the Origin games like Command and Conquer or Plants vs. Zombies, it resizes to the corect size for the game but the game never starts. After a few seconds I'm back on the normal-resolution desktop again.

I can play videos through VLC so it is only some types of full-screen graphics that are broken.

I'm sure this is a video driver, etc. issue, however, I'm running the latest available for my laptop. I'm currently running Windows 10 Home, version 1803, which I believe is the 2018 Spring Creator's Update. I'm unsure if that is what broke my graphics or if it is something else.

Any idea what is wrong?

myronuecker
Paper Tape
Views: 430
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 910 Graphics not working in games, iTunes, etc.

I see nobody has any ideas. Maybe I'm the only one with the problem? I saw a post on the iTunes forums asking the same question and no helpful responses there, either.

In the meantime I have tried quite a few things to no avail. I have not yet backed out update 1803 but I did reinstall it over the current version. I have removed my video driver and reinstalled. Nothing has worked so far so I guess I'm left with an expensive laptop that cannot play games or watch videos.
myronuecker
Paper Tape
Views: 417
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 910 Graphics not working in games, iTunes, etc.

I was able to fix the issue myself. To do so I had to download the latest Intel Graphics 620 driver from Intel's website and bypass all of the warnings that the driver is not certified for my device. This required me to download the zip file from the following site, extract it to a folder, and follow the instructions in the readme for installing via disk. If you run the automated install it will tell you the driver is unsupported and exit immediately, so you have to do the manual install.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27847/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?produc...

Once I installed that driver and launched iTunes, I was able to watch Black Panther via iTunes and run Plants vs. Zombies, so problem appears fixed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors