02-12-2014

GB

69 Signins

640 Page Views

• Views: 640
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 910 Intel(R) Technology Access Certificate

2017-01-12, 20:10 PM

I've run the Microsoft sysinternal sigcheck tool on my new (noisy :( ) Yoga 910 and found a certificate for Intel(R) Technology Access that is not rooted as usual - it's self generated. Does anyone know what this certificate is for and can I delete it! Surely Intel should acquire certificates that are appropriately rooted rather than just install their own generated one like this.

Options

917 Posts

07-05-2016

GB

1521 Signins

5917 Page Views

• Views: 5917
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 910 Intel(R) Technology Access Certificate

2017-01-19, 14:03 PM

wrote:

I've run the Microsoft sysinternal sigcheck tool on my new (noisy :( ) Yoga 910 and found a certificate for Intel(R) Technology Access that is not rooted as usual - it's self generated. Does anyone know what this certificate is for and can I delete it! Surely Intel should acquire certificates that are appropriately rooted rather than just install their own generated one like this.

Hi PhilipHendrey,

Please see this post from the Intel forum which should answer your question.

Hope this help you and let us know how you get on

=====================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

23 Posts

02-12-2014

GB

69 Signins

640 Page Views

• Views: 640
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 910 Intel(R) Technology Access Certificate

2017-01-19, 15:41 PM

Thanks for the reply! However, that link relates to the Intel(R) Technology Access software whilst my concerns are with the _certificate_ that is installed on the Yoga (probably installed by the Intel software) which appears in the Windows list of Trusted Root Certification Authorities but which is self-signed by Intel.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save